George Clooney Reveals Wedding Details, Says He is Marrying Up by Choosing Amal Alamuddin
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 24, 2014 8:16 PM EST
George Clooney is set to marry Amal Alamuddin on September 20, 2014 in Venice Italy bringing to an end his perennial bachelorhood which has earned him a playboy reputation and even sparked homosexuality questions. Clooney's singlehood will come to an end as well as put to rest any questions about his sexuality when he ties the knot in a move which he declares as "Marrying Up."
U.S. actor George Clooney adjusts his bowtie as he arrives for the premiere of "Gravity" at the 70th Venice Film Festival in Venice in this file photo taken August 28, 2013. Clooney criticized Britain's Daily Mail on Wednesday for publishing a "completely fabricated" story saying his future mother-in-law is against his upcoming marriage to human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin.
While Clooney is a well-known Hollywood A-lister who is not only an actor but also a producer and a humanitarian activist, Amal is not exactly chopped liver herself. Often referred to only as a British Human Rights Lawyer, Amal represents some very high profile clients. The future Mrs. Clooney is a mix of beauty and brains and works as an adviser to Kofi Annan, the United Nations envoy to Syria. She is also part of the legal team representing Julian Assange of Wikileaks fame.
With such high profile clients and many other achievements on her resume, Amal certainly does not need a man to make a mark in the world. This is perhaps what prompted Clooney to declare that he is "Marrying up" when asked about Amal during interviews in the middle of the battle with British publication Daily Mail. The battle against Daily Mail was the result of a story claiming that Amal's mother was going around telling people that she had objections towards the upcoming nuptials in a faith-related issue. Clooney released his own statement stating that the article was fabricated and that its publication's claims are endangering his family members.
Meanwhile, with wedding plans going full steam ahead, the couple decided against holding their wedding at Clooney's personal estate in Lake Como due to the possible commotion that the wedding will cause. Clooney had both his guests and his neighbours in mind when making the decision. The couple opted instead, to hold the wedding in Venice, also still in Italy but in a more private location that they have yet to disclose.
The soon-to-be-married pair are no strangers to Italian weddings as they attended a wedding in the Chianti region of Italy earlier this month. The bride was Amal's cousin and Clooney's bride-to-be officiated the wedding.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet