George Clooney Reveals Wedding Details, Says He is Marrying Up by Choosing Amal Alamuddin
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 24, 2014 8:16 PM EST
George Clooney is set to marry Amal Alamuddin on September 20, 2014 in Venice Italy bringing to an end his perennial bachelorhood which has earned him a playboy reputation and even sparked homosexuality questions. Clooney's singlehood will come to an end as well as put to rest any questions about his sexuality when he ties the knot in a move which he declares as "Marrying Up."
U.S. actor George Clooney adjusts his bowtie as he arrives for the premiere of "Gravity" at the 70th Venice Film Festival in Venice in this file photo taken August 28, 2013. Clooney criticized Britain's Daily Mail on Wednesday for publishing a "completely fabricated" story saying his future mother-in-law is against his upcoming marriage to human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin.
While Clooney is a well-known Hollywood A-lister who is not only an actor but also a producer and a humanitarian activist, Amal is not exactly chopped liver herself. Often referred to only as a British Human Rights Lawyer, Amal represents some very high profile clients. The future Mrs. Clooney is a mix of beauty and brains and works as an adviser to Kofi Annan, the United Nations envoy to Syria. She is also part of the legal team representing Julian Assange of Wikileaks fame.
With such high profile clients and many other achievements on her resume, Amal certainly does not need a man to make a mark in the world. This is perhaps what prompted Clooney to declare that he is "Marrying up" when asked about Amal during interviews in the middle of the battle with British publication Daily Mail. The battle against Daily Mail was the result of a story claiming that Amal's mother was going around telling people that she had objections towards the upcoming nuptials in a faith-related issue. Clooney released his own statement stating that the article was fabricated and that its publication's claims are endangering his family members.
Meanwhile, with wedding plans going full steam ahead, the couple decided against holding their wedding at Clooney's personal estate in Lake Como due to the possible commotion that the wedding will cause. Clooney had both his guests and his neighbours in mind when making the decision. The couple opted instead, to hold the wedding in Venice, also still in Italy but in a more private location that they have yet to disclose.
The soon-to-be-married pair are no strangers to Italian weddings as they attended a wedding in the Chianti region of Italy earlier this month. The bride was Amal's cousin and Clooney's bride-to-be officiated the wedding.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates