George Clooney Reveals Wedding Details, Says He is Marrying Up by Choosing Amal Alamuddin
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 24, 2014 8:16 PM EST
George Clooney is set to marry Amal Alamuddin on September 20, 2014 in Venice Italy bringing to an end his perennial bachelorhood which has earned him a playboy reputation and even sparked homosexuality questions. Clooney's singlehood will come to an end as well as put to rest any questions about his sexuality when he ties the knot in a move which he declares as "Marrying Up."
U.S. actor George Clooney adjusts his bowtie as he arrives for the premiere of "Gravity" at the 70th Venice Film Festival in Venice in this file photo taken August 28, 2013. Clooney criticized Britain's Daily Mail on Wednesday for publishing a "completely fabricated" story saying his future mother-in-law is against his upcoming marriage to human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin.
While Clooney is a well-known Hollywood A-lister who is not only an actor but also a producer and a humanitarian activist, Amal is not exactly chopped liver herself. Often referred to only as a British Human Rights Lawyer, Amal represents some very high profile clients. The future Mrs. Clooney is a mix of beauty and brains and works as an adviser to Kofi Annan, the United Nations envoy to Syria. She is also part of the legal team representing Julian Assange of Wikileaks fame.
With such high profile clients and many other achievements on her resume, Amal certainly does not need a man to make a mark in the world. This is perhaps what prompted Clooney to declare that he is "Marrying up" when asked about Amal during interviews in the middle of the battle with British publication Daily Mail. The battle against Daily Mail was the result of a story claiming that Amal's mother was going around telling people that she had objections towards the upcoming nuptials in a faith-related issue. Clooney released his own statement stating that the article was fabricated and that its publication's claims are endangering his family members.
Meanwhile, with wedding plans going full steam ahead, the couple decided against holding their wedding at Clooney's personal estate in Lake Como due to the possible commotion that the wedding will cause. Clooney had both his guests and his neighbours in mind when making the decision. The couple opted instead, to hold the wedding in Venice, also still in Italy but in a more private location that they have yet to disclose.
The soon-to-be-married pair are no strangers to Italian weddings as they attended a wedding in the Chianti region of Italy earlier this month. The bride was Amal's cousin and Clooney's bride-to-be officiated the wedding.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2