George Clooney Reveals Wedding Details, Says He is Marrying Up by Choosing Amal Alamuddin
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 24, 2014 8:16 PM EST
George Clooney is set to marry Amal Alamuddin on September 20, 2014 in Venice Italy bringing to an end his perennial bachelorhood which has earned him a playboy reputation and even sparked homosexuality questions. Clooney's singlehood will come to an end as well as put to rest any questions about his sexuality when he ties the knot in a move which he declares as "Marrying Up."
U.S. actor George Clooney adjusts his bowtie as he arrives for the premiere of "Gravity" at the 70th Venice Film Festival in Venice in this file photo taken August 28, 2013. Clooney criticized Britain's Daily Mail on Wednesday for publishing a "completely fabricated" story saying his future mother-in-law is against his upcoming marriage to human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin.
While Clooney is a well-known Hollywood A-lister who is not only an actor but also a producer and a humanitarian activist, Amal is not exactly chopped liver herself. Often referred to only as a British Human Rights Lawyer, Amal represents some very high profile clients. The future Mrs. Clooney is a mix of beauty and brains and works as an adviser to Kofi Annan, the United Nations envoy to Syria. She is also part of the legal team representing Julian Assange of Wikileaks fame.
With such high profile clients and many other achievements on her resume, Amal certainly does not need a man to make a mark in the world. This is perhaps what prompted Clooney to declare that he is "Marrying up" when asked about Amal during interviews in the middle of the battle with British publication Daily Mail. The battle against Daily Mail was the result of a story claiming that Amal's mother was going around telling people that she had objections towards the upcoming nuptials in a faith-related issue. Clooney released his own statement stating that the article was fabricated and that its publication's claims are endangering his family members.
Meanwhile, with wedding plans going full steam ahead, the couple decided against holding their wedding at Clooney's personal estate in Lake Como due to the possible commotion that the wedding will cause. Clooney had both his guests and his neighbours in mind when making the decision. The couple opted instead, to hold the wedding in Venice, also still in Italy but in a more private location that they have yet to disclose.
The soon-to-be-married pair are no strangers to Italian weddings as they attended a wedding in the Chianti region of Italy earlier this month. The bride was Amal's cousin and Clooney's bride-to-be officiated the wedding.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage