Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 24, 2014 6:40 PM EST
It seems the Cupertino-based tech giant Apple is engineering not just the iPhone 6. Words of the next generation iPad, which will be so called "iPad Mini Air," is slowly making its way into the rumours and starting to pop up regularly on the reports.
The Apple logo is pictured inside the newly opened Omotesando Apple store at a shopping district in Tokyo in this file photo taken June 26, 2014. Apple Inc posted a worse-than-expected 6 percent rise in quarterly revenue July 22, 2014, after selling 35.2 million iPhones into an increasingly competitive smartphone market. Picture taken June 26.
GforGames recently reported the information from the Chinese site UND regarding the fresh information of Apple's next generation iPad.
Here are three fresh features of the upcoming smart tablet Apple iPad Mini Air to wait for:
Super Thin Appearance
Accrding to GforGames, Apple iPad Mini Air will borrow the "Mini Air" moniker since the tablet will be reportedly 30 per cent thinner than the predecessor model. If the rumours are true, the tablet will have around 5.25-mm thickness. This will be a few notches thinner than the 6.6-mm Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4," which is currently the thinnest tablet in the market with below 10.1-inch display. Although, there is no clear information on how Apple will reach such distinction given the increase in horsepower and the advent of a Retina display in the previous year.
GSM Arena reported the iPad Mini Air will have the Apple A8 processor which will be the same chipset that Apple will reportedly use for the iPhone 6. The chipset is produced by Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) in collaboration with Samsung. The 20-nm technology will reportedly continue using the existing 64-bit dual-core technology which translates into better performance and lower power consumption.
Better Touch ID fingerprint sensor
In an article from Mac Rumors, the Web site mentioned the iPad Mini Air is expected to have a better touch ID fingerprint sensor which will contain tin. The fingerprint scanner will be an essential verification tool that will keep confidential data protected as only authorised users will have the access to the information.
The Web site also reported that Chinese company DisplaySearch estimates Apple's shipment on tablets for the current year will be about the same from the previous year. It remains to be seen though whether the rumours surrounding the iPad Mini Air will be true or not.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast