HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 24, 2014 6:15 PM EST
HTC One M8's plastic equivalent, the HTC One E8 (also known as HTC One Ace), was released in China in June. Even though perceived initially to be an exclusive handset for China, it seems the HTC One E8 could see a global release soon. Following the June launch, the handset has been announced in India and Taiwan recently. If reports are true, other countries might see the device released in their territory shortly.
Attendees play a check-in game to win prizes by tapping their NFC-enabled Android smartphones at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 25, 2014.
Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
The plastic HTC One E8 is aimed at price-conscious emerging markets. However, according to Focus Taiwan, HTC could sell the phone in other markets where growth of premium phones appear to be on a downhill. In this way, the company would be able to sustain sales growth during Q3 and Q4 2014.
Notably, the HTC One E8 is not just the plastic variant but also the cheaper version of the HTC One M8. The HTC One E8 features a 5-inch Super LCD3 display bundled with 1,080 x 1,920 pixel screen resolution and 441 ppi pixel density.
Under the hood, the handset is powered by a superior quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Krait 400 processor clocked at 2.5 GHz. The phone houses a good 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage capacity along with microSD card support for expansion up to 128 GB. Furthermore, the device runs on Android OS v4.4.2 (KitKat) along with HTC Sense 6 UI.
When it comes to camera specification, the HTC One E8 sports a solid 13-MP rear-facing camera unit with LED flash and a good 5-MP front-facing shooter. It is worth noting that the One E8 does not come with the UltraPixel and Duo Camera support enjoyed by the premium variant, HTC One M8.
Also, the phone is equipped with a powerful Li-Po 2,600-mAh battery unit, which is non-removable. The handset will provide 26 hours of 3G talk time and 504 hours of 3G standby time. In addition to supporting all the standard connectivity options, the One E8 also supports NFC. However, it does not support Infrared port unlike the One M8. Moreover, the HTC One E8 is a dual-SIM handset that supports nano-SIM type.
3. Virgin Mobile USA (Sprint) to Offer HTC Desire 816, LG Pulse, LG Unify, and ZTE Emblem Shortly—[Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys