Snoop Dogg Claims Smoking Pot in White House
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | July 24, 2014 5:22 PM EST
If you are still curious about how things work in the White House, here is a clue. American rapper Snoop Dogg said that he had smoked marijuana at the U.S. President's residence. "In the bathroom, not in the White House, but in the bathroom," Snoop emphasised.
U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama speaks about the "Drink Up" campaign at the White House in Washington July 22, 2014.
Snoop Dogg was talking to Jimmy Kimmel on GGN: The Double G News Network as he declared his achievement in public. The singer remembered asking a U.S. Security person (the CIA or the FBI, as he said) if he was allowed to use the bathroom. He said that the first question the person asked him was if he intended to go for a "number 1 or number 2." As Snoop mentioned that he had nature's call "number 2," he also mentioned about his toilet habits while "doing" it.
The rapper, who made his debut in 1993 with "Doggystyle," told the security person that he had the habit of smoking while doing the "number 2" so that there was no "filthy" atmosphere. "When I do a number two I usually have a cigarette or I light something to get the aroma right. They said, well you know what, you can light a piece of napkin," he said. What happened afterwards was, according to Snoop, history.
Snoop, however, is not the first singer who had the experience of smoking weed at the White House. American country singer Willie Nelson apparently smoked pot on the roof of the President's House during Jimmy Carter's tenure. According to rumours, Rosalynn Carter - the then First Lady of the United States, joined Willie on the south lawn of the White House to sing a duet with him. The singer claimed that he used to frequent the president's house. During his visits, he often smoked joint on the roof, he claimed.
Reports confirm that Snoop visited the White House for Kennedy Center Honours in December 2013. However, there is no evidence yet to justify his claim that he smoked pot in the bathroom of the White House. Kimmel, on the other hand, seemed to have enjoyed Snoop's claim. "This is some story," he quipped.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier