Cristiano Ronaldo’s Most Awkward TV Interview Ever in a Japanese TV Show
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 24, 2014 4:09 PM EST
Dealing with an interviewer who doesn't speak the same language as you could be a lot worse than having an inexperienced interviewer talk to you. Real Madrid superstar footballer Cristiano Ronaldo recently had a busy day with the Japanese media as part of his trip in the East Asian nation and he has been given what might be one of the most awkward interviews ever.
Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo reacts during their 2014 World Cup Group G soccer match against Ghana at the Brasilia national stadium in Brasilia June 26, 2014.
It is no surprise that the Japanese media leaped at the opportunity of being able to sit down and have a little chit chat with the world's greatest footballer. Who would have thought that Ronaldo would be in for a surprise himself? The majority of the hosts of show didn't speak English at all. The interview put Ronaldo in a very awkward position as he seemed a little clueless about the questions being thrown at him. The interview which lasted for 12 minutes might just be the longest 12 minutes in Ronaldo's existence.
According to Japan Times, Ronaldo was in the country to promote the products of a beauty and wellness company called MTG.
As soon as Ronaldo hit the television stage, one of the hosts handed him flowers. Even though it was a nice gesture, Ronaldo looked embarrassed that he was given a bouquet of flowers. He immediately handed the flowers to a TV crew to put them aside. Then, he presented the products used for facial fitness. One was a device placed between the teeth which was supposedly used to make the muscles on the jaw stronger. Another device was used to massage the muscles from the jaw toward the cheek.
As mentioned prior, only one host spoke English. Almost all throughout the interview, the hosts spoke in Japanese language that Ronaldo clearly couldn't understand. A language barrier certainly has made the popular sports personality feel excluded. While other people might think that it was rude to speak in a different language around people who weren't educated enough about the dialect, Ronaldo kept her cool albeit somewhat giving a blank expression and finished the interview.
Ronaldo's 12-minute interview is available in its entirety below:
Video courtesy: YouTube/NFMCR7
For pictures of Ronaldo's latest Japan trip, visit his Web site at cristianoronaldo.com
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage