Cristiano Ronaldo’s Most Awkward TV Interview Ever in a Japanese TV Show
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 24, 2014 4:09 PM EST
Dealing with an interviewer who doesn't speak the same language as you could be a lot worse than having an inexperienced interviewer talk to you. Real Madrid superstar footballer Cristiano Ronaldo recently had a busy day with the Japanese media as part of his trip in the East Asian nation and he has been given what might be one of the most awkward interviews ever.
Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo reacts during their 2014 World Cup Group G soccer match against Ghana at the Brasilia national stadium in Brasilia June 26, 2014.
It is no surprise that the Japanese media leaped at the opportunity of being able to sit down and have a little chit chat with the world's greatest footballer. Who would have thought that Ronaldo would be in for a surprise himself? The majority of the hosts of show didn't speak English at all. The interview put Ronaldo in a very awkward position as he seemed a little clueless about the questions being thrown at him. The interview which lasted for 12 minutes might just be the longest 12 minutes in Ronaldo's existence.
According to Japan Times, Ronaldo was in the country to promote the products of a beauty and wellness company called MTG.
As soon as Ronaldo hit the television stage, one of the hosts handed him flowers. Even though it was a nice gesture, Ronaldo looked embarrassed that he was given a bouquet of flowers. He immediately handed the flowers to a TV crew to put them aside. Then, he presented the products used for facial fitness. One was a device placed between the teeth which was supposedly used to make the muscles on the jaw stronger. Another device was used to massage the muscles from the jaw toward the cheek.
As mentioned prior, only one host spoke English. Almost all throughout the interview, the hosts spoke in Japanese language that Ronaldo clearly couldn't understand. A language barrier certainly has made the popular sports personality feel excluded. While other people might think that it was rude to speak in a different language around people who weren't educated enough about the dialect, Ronaldo kept her cool albeit somewhat giving a blank expression and finished the interview.
Ronaldo's 12-minute interview is available in its entirety below:
Video courtesy: YouTube/NFMCR7
For pictures of Ronaldo's latest Japan trip, visit his Web site at cristianoronaldo.com
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports