Cristiano Ronaldo’s Most Awkward TV Interview Ever in a Japanese TV Show
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 24, 2014 4:09 PM EST
Dealing with an interviewer who doesn't speak the same language as you could be a lot worse than having an inexperienced interviewer talk to you. Real Madrid superstar footballer Cristiano Ronaldo recently had a busy day with the Japanese media as part of his trip in the East Asian nation and he has been given what might be one of the most awkward interviews ever.
Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo reacts during their 2014 World Cup Group G soccer match against Ghana at the Brasilia national stadium in Brasilia June 26, 2014.
It is no surprise that the Japanese media leaped at the opportunity of being able to sit down and have a little chit chat with the world's greatest footballer. Who would have thought that Ronaldo would be in for a surprise himself? The majority of the hosts of show didn't speak English at all. The interview put Ronaldo in a very awkward position as he seemed a little clueless about the questions being thrown at him. The interview which lasted for 12 minutes might just be the longest 12 minutes in Ronaldo's existence.
According to Japan Times, Ronaldo was in the country to promote the products of a beauty and wellness company called MTG.
As soon as Ronaldo hit the television stage, one of the hosts handed him flowers. Even though it was a nice gesture, Ronaldo looked embarrassed that he was given a bouquet of flowers. He immediately handed the flowers to a TV crew to put them aside. Then, he presented the products used for facial fitness. One was a device placed between the teeth which was supposedly used to make the muscles on the jaw stronger. Another device was used to massage the muscles from the jaw toward the cheek.
As mentioned prior, only one host spoke English. Almost all throughout the interview, the hosts spoke in Japanese language that Ronaldo clearly couldn't understand. A language barrier certainly has made the popular sports personality feel excluded. While other people might think that it was rude to speak in a different language around people who weren't educated enough about the dialect, Ronaldo kept her cool albeit somewhat giving a blank expression and finished the interview.
Ronaldo's 12-minute interview is available in its entirety below:
Video courtesy: YouTube/NFMCR7
For pictures of Ronaldo's latest Japan trip, visit his Web site at cristianoronaldo.com
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate