WWE: CM Punk's Retirement 'Awesome,' Spotlight On Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose And More
By Tanya Diente | July 24, 2014 2:21 PM EST
There is no such thing as bad news for WWE, but only good news. This includes the recent retirement of former WWE Superstar CM Punk. His absence would only mean an opportunity for other new fighters such as Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose to grow into stardom and WWE will still continue to prosper.
World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) wrestlers, twins Brie (L) and Nikki Bella pose at the 2014 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Sports awards in Los Angeles July 17, 2014.
According to bleacherreport, CM Punk has always been known to play with the audiences' emotions with all the drama he has set up on the WWE stage. So when he walked out during the 2014 Royal Rumble, people thought it was all part of his planned storyline. However, fans were surprised to learn that he has "walked out" on wrestling for real.
This revelation first came through a change on his "employment status" in the WWE.com's alumni page. The fighter has been placed under the "Alumni" page from the "Superstars" section. Then CM Punk himself confirmed his retirement on his Twitter account.
Nope, thank YOU.Thanks for all the help and support through the years. Health and happiness above all.Don't ever take any shit from anybody.
— Coach (@CMPunk) July 15, 2014
Then on July 21, CM Punk was at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland to host the red carpet special for the AP Music Awards Show.
Wrestlezone reported that Chris Van Vliet from CBS-19 caught up with the wrestler and asked him about his chances of going back to the ring again. His reply was a definite no.
"No. No, never. NEVER EVER! NEVER EVER EVER. They're going to go crazy about that on Twitter. They're going to like, hold me to it, but whatever," he said.
Check video interview below
His retirement was no drama and he said he feels "f***kin awesome" being out of wrestling.
"Look at me, how do I look? It's not so much how you feel anymore, it's how you look," he said.
Despite his absence, WWE thrives on and using CM Punk's retirement as an advantage to usher in new fighters. Younger wrestlers such as Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Bray Wyatt can now take the spotlight.
While others like Cesaro, Rusev, Big E and Dolph Ziggler reportedly still needs to work on a new direction to be taken up to the main event level. Sami Zayn, Tyler Breeze and Adrian Neville are reportedly all still anticipating being in the Big Show as they are currently still in NXT.
WWE also has its share of success stories brought on by "unfortunate" circumstances.
In 1998, WWE rose to fame with the introduction of The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) and Stone Cold Steve Austin. They took the wrestling spotlight when Shawn Michaels had to take an indefinite leave due to a back injury.
WWE has a line of next-generation fighters that would definitely replace CM Punk and keep the stage rumbling.
Source: YouTube/ Chris Van Vliet
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia