WWE: CM Punk's Retirement 'Awesome,' Spotlight On Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose And More
By Tanya Diente | July 24, 2014 2:21 PM EST
There is no such thing as bad news for WWE, but only good news. This includes the recent retirement of former WWE Superstar CM Punk. His absence would only mean an opportunity for other new fighters such as Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose to grow into stardom and WWE will still continue to prosper.
World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) wrestlers, twins Brie (L) and Nikki Bella pose at the 2014 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Sports awards in Los Angeles July 17, 2014.
According to bleacherreport, CM Punk has always been known to play with the audiences' emotions with all the drama he has set up on the WWE stage. So when he walked out during the 2014 Royal Rumble, people thought it was all part of his planned storyline. However, fans were surprised to learn that he has "walked out" on wrestling for real.
This revelation first came through a change on his "employment status" in the WWE.com's alumni page. The fighter has been placed under the "Alumni" page from the "Superstars" section. Then CM Punk himself confirmed his retirement on his Twitter account.
Nope, thank YOU.Thanks for all the help and support through the years. Health and happiness above all.Don't ever take any shit from anybody.
— Coach (@CMPunk) July 15, 2014
Then on July 21, CM Punk was at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland to host the red carpet special for the AP Music Awards Show.
Wrestlezone reported that Chris Van Vliet from CBS-19 caught up with the wrestler and asked him about his chances of going back to the ring again. His reply was a definite no.
"No. No, never. NEVER EVER! NEVER EVER EVER. They're going to go crazy about that on Twitter. They're going to like, hold me to it, but whatever," he said.
Check video interview below
His retirement was no drama and he said he feels "f***kin awesome" being out of wrestling.
"Look at me, how do I look? It's not so much how you feel anymore, it's how you look," he said.
Despite his absence, WWE thrives on and using CM Punk's retirement as an advantage to usher in new fighters. Younger wrestlers such as Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Bray Wyatt can now take the spotlight.
While others like Cesaro, Rusev, Big E and Dolph Ziggler reportedly still needs to work on a new direction to be taken up to the main event level. Sami Zayn, Tyler Breeze and Adrian Neville are reportedly all still anticipating being in the Big Show as they are currently still in NXT.
WWE also has its share of success stories brought on by "unfortunate" circumstances.
In 1998, WWE rose to fame with the introduction of The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) and Stone Cold Steve Austin. They took the wrestling spotlight when Shawn Michaels had to take an indefinite leave due to a back injury.
WWE has a line of next-generation fighters that would definitely replace CM Punk and keep the stage rumbling.
Source: YouTube/ Chris Van Vliet
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]