WWE: CM Punk's Retirement 'Awesome,' Spotlight On Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose And More
By Tanya Diente | July 24, 2014 2:21 PM EST
There is no such thing as bad news for WWE, but only good news. This includes the recent retirement of former WWE Superstar CM Punk. His absence would only mean an opportunity for other new fighters such as Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose to grow into stardom and WWE will still continue to prosper.
World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) wrestlers, twins Brie (L) and Nikki Bella pose at the 2014 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Sports awards in Los Angeles July 17, 2014.
According to bleacherreport, CM Punk has always been known to play with the audiences' emotions with all the drama he has set up on the WWE stage. So when he walked out during the 2014 Royal Rumble, people thought it was all part of his planned storyline. However, fans were surprised to learn that he has "walked out" on wrestling for real.
This revelation first came through a change on his "employment status" in the WWE.com's alumni page. The fighter has been placed under the "Alumni" page from the "Superstars" section. Then CM Punk himself confirmed his retirement on his Twitter account.
Nope, thank YOU.Thanks for all the help and support through the years. Health and happiness above all.Don't ever take any shit from anybody.
— Coach (@CMPunk) July 15, 2014
Then on July 21, CM Punk was at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland to host the red carpet special for the AP Music Awards Show.
Wrestlezone reported that Chris Van Vliet from CBS-19 caught up with the wrestler and asked him about his chances of going back to the ring again. His reply was a definite no.
"No. No, never. NEVER EVER! NEVER EVER EVER. They're going to go crazy about that on Twitter. They're going to like, hold me to it, but whatever," he said.
Check video interview below
His retirement was no drama and he said he feels "f***kin awesome" being out of wrestling.
"Look at me, how do I look? It's not so much how you feel anymore, it's how you look," he said.
Despite his absence, WWE thrives on and using CM Punk's retirement as an advantage to usher in new fighters. Younger wrestlers such as Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Bray Wyatt can now take the spotlight.
While others like Cesaro, Rusev, Big E and Dolph Ziggler reportedly still needs to work on a new direction to be taken up to the main event level. Sami Zayn, Tyler Breeze and Adrian Neville are reportedly all still anticipating being in the Big Show as they are currently still in NXT.
WWE also has its share of success stories brought on by "unfortunate" circumstances.
In 1998, WWE rose to fame with the introduction of The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) and Stone Cold Steve Austin. They took the wrestling spotlight when Shawn Michaels had to take an indefinite leave due to a back injury.
WWE has a line of next-generation fighters that would definitely replace CM Punk and keep the stage rumbling.
Source: YouTube/ Chris Van Vliet
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date