HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
By Precious Silva | July 24, 2014 1:53 PM EST
Google's confirmation of continuing the Nexus program sparked a new wave of news about its upcoming Nexus 8 tablet. According to recent information, the release of the Nexus 8 will push through a retailers appear to be offering more Nexus 7 deals in preparation for the new stocks. More importantly, the Nexus 8 will come along with two new tablets under HTC: T7 and the T12. Can Google and HTC deliver killer slates to match up Apple's upcoming iPad refreshments?
The new Nexus 7 tablet is demonstrated during a Google event at Dogpatch Studio in San Francisco, California, July 24, 2013.
According to a leak by notorious tipster @evleaks, the Nexus 8 may come out as Nexus 9 instead dubbed as Volantis - though it has been spotted as Flounder as well. The tipster noted that the apart from the T1 Volantis/Flounder/Nexus 9, Google's latest partner, HTC, plans on releasing two more slates called the T7 and the T12. There are no additional details yet or information about the features of the new tablets. Although the tipster did not indicate when the devices will come out, analysts think that it should also be the same time around the release of the Android L.
The Google Nexus 8, on other hand, will reportedly come with an 8.9-inch screen offering 2048 x 1440 pixel resolution. It should also pack on a NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor, 221dpi and 2GB RAM. According to Christian Today, the release of the device is imminent as more Nexus 7 deals spring up. Retailers and other sellers alike may be gearing up for the change in stocks through the new deals.
According to the report, eBay offfers a range of deals for Nexus 7 2013. For instance, the 32GB variant is now available for $199.85 whereas some may also find Nexus 7 deals with starting price at $151. Google has also previously offered a three-month free subscription on its Google Play Music All Access for customers purchasing the 16GB model under the Play Store.
Google has not made official announcements about the release of the device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists