Commonwealth Games 2014: Daily Events Guide to the Game Highlights in Glasgow [Day 1-5]
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | July 24, 2014 1:45 PM EST
Here are the daily events guide and game highlights in the Commonwealth Games 2014.
A police officer provides security in preparation for the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland, July 21, 2014.
Day 1 July 24 - July 25
Women's Hockey - Australia vs Malaysia.
Swimming Heats - David McKeon and Mack Horton will be featured in men's 400m freestyle.
Cycling - The evening medal session sees Jason Kenny shoot for gold in the sprint, while the day event will be the women's individual pursuit where Elinor Barker, Katie Archibald, Laura Trott and Jo Roswell claim for the gold for Wales, Scotland and England respectively.
Triathlon - Emma Moffat, Emma Jackson and Ashleigh Gentle in the women's 8pm event. Aaron Royle, Dan Wilson and Ryan Bailie in the men's 12am event.
Netball - Australia vs Wales.
Rhythmic Gymnastics - Team final and individual qualification.
Day 2 July 25 - July 26
Swimming Heats - Men's 200m freestyle, women's 50m freestyle and men's 100m breaststroke will be the morning events. Women's backstroke, men's 400m and men's 4x100 IM for the night events.
Cycling - Men's sprint quarter-finals and women's individual pursuit qualifying in the morning. Men's sprint final, men's 4000m individual pursuit and women's 3000m individual pursuit for the night events.
Rhythmic Gymnastics - Individual all-around final.
Women's Hockey - Australia vs Wales.
Day 3 July 26 - July 27
Netball - England will be against its main rival Australia.
Swimming Heats - Women's 50m butterfly, men's 200m butterfly and women's 200m breaststroke for the morning swimming events. Men's 100m freestyle and women's 4x200m freestyle for the night events.
Rhythmic Gymnastics - Apparatus finals.
Rugby Sevens - Australia vs Sri Lanka (morning) and Australia vs Uganda (evening)
Cycling - Women's sprint quarter-finals and semi-finals, men's 40km points race, men's 1000m time trial and women's 10km scratch race.
Lawn Bowls - Starts from 6pm.
Triathlon - Mixed relay team.
Men's Hockey - Australia vs Wales.
Day 4 July 27 - July 28
Women's Hockey - Australia vs Scotland.
Marathon - Men's and women's events.
Swimming Heats morning events - Women's 200m backstroke, men's 50m breaststroke, women's 100m freestyle, men's 100m butterfly, women's 100m butterfly, women's 800m freestyle and men's 4x200 freestyle relay.
Swimming Finals- Women's 200m backstroke, men's 100m freestyle final, women's 200m IM, men's 50m backstroke, women's 50m butterfly final and men's 4x200m freestyle relay final.
Netball - Australia vs Barbados.
Table Tennis - Women's team finals.
Rugby Sevens - Quarter finals, semi finals and medal matches.
Athletics - Men's 100m round, women's 100m round and men's 5000m round.
Lawn Bowls - Women's fours medal matches.
Cycling - Women's 25km points race.
Day 5 July 28 - July 29
Men's Hockey - Australia vs South Africa.
Athletics - Men's decathlon, men's high jump qualifying, men's 400m round 1 and women's 1500m round 1.
Swimming Heats - Men's 50m freestyle, women's 50m backstroke, women's 200m butterfly and men's 1500m.
Netball - Australia vs Trinidad and Tobago.
Lawn Bowls - Men's triples medal matches.
Gymnastics - Artistic men's and women's team finals, where England and Scotland will go head-to-head for the gymnastics crown.
Women's Hockey - Australia vs England
Squash - Singles medal matches.
Badminton - Mixed teams gold.
Shooting - Women's trap final.
Swimming Finals - Men's 50m breaststroke, women's 800m freestyle, women's 100 breaststroke and women's 200m butterfly.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop