Eric Bledsoe To Lakers in Potential Sign-and-Trade Deal; Rondo To Rockets Re-Emerges
By Lou Imperial | July 24, 2014 1:41 PM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers are reportedly brewing a sign-and-trade deal for restricted free-agent point guard Eric Bledsoe, multiple sources reported on Tuesday.
NBA: Phoenix Suns at Toronto Raptors
According to AZ Sports broadcaster Jon Bloom, the Lakers front office is pushing for a blockbuster deal that would see no.7 overall pick Julious Randle, Jordan Hill and a first-round pick (acquired from the Rockets in the Jeremy Lin trade) going to the Phoenix Suns for Bledsoe.
The Suns stressed their desire to keep Bledsoe, who averaged 17.7 points, 5.5 assists and 1.6 steals per game in breakout year last season, but their contract negotiation hasn't gained any good development as of late.
The 24-year old Bledsoe is reportedly asking a max contract worth roughly $80 million over five years, while the historically skimpy Suns offered a four-year, $45 million deal.
With the Lakers so desperately needing a All-Star caliber player alongside Kobe Bryant, the team's front office are reportedly pushing hard to make the sign-and-trade happen, despite the fact that it would prevent them from making a big splash in next year's free-agency.
They viewed Bledsoe as an All-Star talent that could help the franchise make a smooth transition after Bryant hangs up his jersey for good.
Rockets Revives Interest for Rondo
The Houston Rockets have revived their interest for Boston Celtics playmaker Rajon Rondo after failing to bring an elite All-Star this offseason, a source close to situation reported last week.
The Rockets, who lost Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik and Chandler Parsons in a series of moves to clear cap space to accommodate a max contract, missed out on signing Carmelo Anthony and Chris Bosh.
They were able to nab veteran small forward Trevor Ariza but their roster appeared gutted out because of their offseason deals. Still, many insiders are expecting Rockets general manager Daryl Morey to come up with a trade that would catapult them back to contention. And that trade could be for Rondo, whom the Rockets have been hot after since last season.
Coming off a torn ACL injury, Rondo managed to put up credible numbers by averaging 11.7 points, 9.8 assists and 5.5 rebounds per game for the Celtics.
The Rockets were hoping a package built around youngsters Terrence Jones and Donatas Motiejunas would be enough for the Celtics to let their All-Star point guard walk away.
For more NBA trade news and rumors, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Mayweather Jr. Responds To 2015 Super Fight Talks; American Bashes Pacquiao With Social Media Video Post of Marquez's KO
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones