Chicago Bulls Renews Interest in Kevin Love, Offers Mirotic, Gibson, McDermott
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 24, 2014 1:32 PM EST
The Minnesota Timberwolves must be encouraged of the level of interest out there for their disgruntled star. This can only mean more leverage and a way to drive up the price of Kevin Love. For the Chicago Bulls, they are hoping that Love can bloom a few Roses.
Jul 18, 2014; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau (left) and general manager Gar Forman (right) pose for a photo with newly signed center Pau Gasol during a press conference at the United Center.
ESPN.com reports that the Chicago Bulls have expressed their interest to acquire the all-star power forward Love from the Timberwolves with a package of players that include defensive ace and power forward Taj Gibson, first round pick Doug McDermott, Euroleague MVP Nikola Mirotic and sharp shooting forward Mike Dunleavy Jr. in exchange for Kevin Love and possibly the rights to Kevin Martin and J.J. Barea.
The Bulls are hoping that their package will trump other offer made to the Minnesota Timberwolves. As of Tuesday night, the Timberwolves apparently informed the Cleveland Cavaliers had the best offer on the table ponying up the 2014 number 1 pick Andrew Wiggins, 2013 no. 1 pick Anthony Bennett and future first round pick. At the time of the said conversation, Flip Saunders and his team told the Bulls that they were not yet ready to go through with the deal, giving the Bulls time to re-up their package.
The Cavaliers also increased their flexibility to be able to acquire the sweet shooting forward for non-guaranteed contracts of Erik Murphy, Malcolm Thomas and John Lucas III from the Utah Jazz for the contract of guard Carrick Felix and a future second round pick and cash. The amassing of trade assets is a signal that the Cavaliers are going all in to make a forthcoming move get Love.
The Bulls appear to be the closest completion of the Cavaliers after the hard stance of the Golden State Warriors to not include Klay Thompson, the other half of the Splash Brothers. The Bulls are offering an assortment of players that can keep the Timberwolves competitive or at least have a puncher's chance to break the longest streak of non-playoff seasons while the Cavaliers are offering Wiggins, the player with the most upside amongst the group of players being offered.
The Bulls management as headed by Gar Forman expresses that after failed pursuit of Carmelo Anthony, they are not wavering in their efforts to improve the team. The former Eastern conference champions have acquired the services of all-star and two time NBA champion Pau Gasol and are expecting the return of former league MVP Derrick Rose but those additions are not stopping them in finding ways to improve the team.
"Anytime there's something that is available that we feel could improve our team, we've got to take a look at it," Forman said Wednesday on 87.7 FM in Chicago. "That's our job. But we like where we're at with the additions that we made."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks