Star Wars Rebels: Obi-Wan Kenobi and the Inquisitor [Watch Trailer]
By Sachin Trivedi | July 24, 2014 1:29 PM EST
More hints have emerged about the characters in the upcoming animation series "Star Wars: Rebels." There are now at least two Jedi in the series and the Inquisitor who hunts the Jedi is not a Sith. There is still no official word about the release date.
Kanan Jarrus may not be the only Jedi that fans will encounter in "Star Wars: Rebels." The young pilot Ezra was also seen wielding a lightsaber. Ezra is an orphan who is strong with the Force and joins the small group of rebels who dare to challenge the might of the Empire.
Obi-Wan Kenobi can also be seen in the trailer warning everyone that the Jedi Order along with the Republic has fallen. "Star Wars" fans will remember him changing the message at the Jedi temple towards the end of episode 3 to warn all Jedi to stay away from the Sith trap. The Jedi who got the message went into hiding.
Kanan Jarrus was one such Jedi who went into hiding. He not completed his training but takes up his lightsabre to fight the Empire. His fellow band of rebels include a strong and muscular alien called Zeb Orrelios, Ezra Bridger, a Twi'lek pilot Hera Syndulla and a grumpy old Astromech droid called Chopper. It is still unclear if the female Mandalorian warrior Sabine Wren will be joining the rebels.
Fans who thought that the Inqusitor was a Sith would be interested to know that the character is in fact not a Sith. The character is seen wielding a customised red lightsaber and has deep yellow eyes, a characteristic found mostly in the Sith. He will be joined by the character Agent Kallus as the two main villains in "Star Wars: Rebels."
Speaking about the Inqusitor, the producers confirmed that they tried to make the character intimidating. "This isn't like the cartoons that I grew up with in the 80s where you'd have the villain lose every week," said Pablo Hidalgo, Lucasfilm Story Group.
Parts of the newly released trailer were leaked earlier. The leaked video showed the release date of "Star Wars: Rebels" to be October 2014. Fans of the franchise are eagerly waiting to watch the series. The series will fill the long gap between episode 3 and 4 of the movies.
More Articles to Read
Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand [Read]
'Saddest Bear on Earth' Slowly Going Insane in Zoo [Read]
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Stan Lee Confirms a Cameo Role [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan