Glee Star Naya Rivera Secretly Weds Ryan Dorsey, Wedding Details Matches Supposed Wedding to Big Sean
By Annie Dee | July 24, 2014 1:28 PM EST
Naya Rivera is now married. Just three months after calling off her engagement with Big Sean, Naya Rivera is now sporting a ring. Not just an engagement ring, but a wedding ring this time! She did not go and reconciled with Big Sean though. Rather, she tied the knot with actor Ryan Dorsey. Weirdly, a lot of the secret wedding's details match the details of her supposed wedding to Big Sean had it not been cancelled.
Cast member Naya Rivera attends the the 100th episode celebration of Glee in West Hollywood, California, March 18, 2014.
Radar Online reports that Naya Rivera secretly wed actor Ryan Dorsey last weekend in South of the Border soiree. Close friends and family celebrated with the newly wedded couple.
The newlyweds themselves shared how happy they are. "We feel truly blessed to be joined as husband and wife," the newlyweds said to Radar Online Wednesday. "Our special day was fated and everything we could have ever asked for."
Despite being a secret wedding, it was no less grand. Rivera walked down the isle looking fresh and pretty Monique Lhuiller gown while Ryan Dorsey was wearing a Dolce and Gabbana suit. The dashing bride and groom were both wearing rings by famous celebrity jeweler, Neil Lane.
Friends were shocked at how fast things went but they were no less happy. "They want to keep it under wraps, they've known each other for three years," added the friend. "It shocked us, it kind of just, BAM! happened!"
Dorsey's camp were no less surprised. In fact, the aunt said the family only heard about the wedding a month ago and was not even sure who among the Dorsey boys was going to tie the knot.
"Well, it was quite a surprise to us, too," said Pamela Dorsey. "We had heard a month ago that one of the Dorsey boys was going to get married, but we didn't know which one."
"That's what I heard, that they got married in Mexico," she continued. "I heard she was an actress on Glee."
The aunt said Naya is really lucky with Ryan.
"Ryan is such a good guy, cute, has a great personality and raised in a good family; the Dorseys are such a close family," she said.
Ironically, a lot of the details of the wedding matched the wedding details of Naya and Big Sean had the wedding taken place. TMZ reports that July 19 was supposed to be the wedding date of Naya and Sean. Naya picked the date back in October when she got engaged to Big Sean.
In addition, the dress Sean bought for Rivera supposedly for their wedding was also by Monique Lhuillier. Even though there were reports that Naya returned her engagement ring to Big Sean, there are now speculations that the ring might have been repurposed for this secret wedding, TMZ reports.
Even with these matching details, Dorsey's camp is not bothered.
July 19 might have been Naya and Sean's wedding date but it also happens to be Dorsey's birthday. Ryan's dad Arnold also said that even though it was only 6 weeks ago when he learned of the marriage, he did not think of going against the wedding. He said, "We didn't question him. We are very happy for him. We trusted them and want what they wanted."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid