Star Wars Episode VII: John Boyega Hunted Down, Gwendolyn Christie A Sith
By Tanya Diente | July 24, 2014 12:52 PM EST
Gwendolyn Christie was recently cast in "Star Wars: Episode VII." So far no one knows what her role would be in the sci-fi film. However, a new report claimed they have sources who have confirmed she will play as a Sith as she was seen training with a lightsaber. She would reportedly also be out on a hunt for John Boyega's character.
People dressed as "Star Wars" characters Boba Fett (L) and a Stormtrooper pose at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
Spoilers Alert. Read at your own risk.
Badass Digest has once again revealed a spoiler-rich report to add to the recently leaked plot details of "Star Wars Episode VII."
The site claimed they have sources who have confirmed that Gwendolyn Christie will play the role of an Imperial officer. She is the commanding officer of John Boyega's character who sets out to hunt him since she is furious that he has gone AWOL.
Another unnamed source also revealed that she has been training with a lightsaber. An imperial officer with a lightsaber could only mean one thing-according to Movieweb Gwendolyn Christie could be a Sith in "Star Wars: Episode VII." The site added she could be a novice under the training of a new Sith Emperor.
Additionally, Badass Digest calculated that prior to her being cast, Benedict Cumberbatch was in talks to play the role of an Imperial officer or the Sith role. Christie could have bagged that role instead.
Somehow, Gwendolyn Christie as an Imperial officer/Sith puts everything that's been revealed so far about "Star Wars: Episode VII" into perspective.
As previously reported by IBTimes, John Boyega is rumoured to play as an Imperial Soldier. He starts off siding with the villains. He was piloting his ship when it was shot down over at Tatooine. This could be where Christie's character comes in.
Daisy Ridley rescues Boyega and tends to his wounds. Soon the imperial soldier realises the error of his ways and decides to help Ridley as payback for her care.
This "help" could pertain to the search of the owner of the lightsaber that Daisy Ridley found.
Another report from IBTimes claimed Ridley found the lightsaber on the desert planet of Tatooine when it fell from the sky held by a severed hand. Soon both Ridley and Boyega set out on a journey to find the owner of the Jedi relic. They eventually met up with Han Solo and Chewbacca piloting the Millennium Falcon. Han Solo recognises the lightsaber as belonging to Luke Skywalker, whom he hasn't had contact for 30 years since the events of "Return of the Jedi." Thus begins the search for the Jedi Master in "Star Wars: Episode VII."
Source: YouTube/ Jay Parmar
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage