New Study Reveals How Men and Women Feel About Cheating
By Sarah Thomas | July 24, 2014 12:41 PM EST
Modern day romance isn't really the 'happily ever after' and 'until death do us part' sorts and many men and women who have been cheated by their partners in the past will vouch for it too. A new survey by USA network aimed to find out how people really feel about cheating; the survey did not look into the loyalty factor but tried to gain insight into the perception of cheating and disloyalty in a relationship amongst men and women. For the survey 1000 people were given a questionnaire that asked them about their opinions on love, lust and relationships, the results revealed shocking facts.
A couple kisses at a bus stop, before Argentina's World Cup final soccer match against Germany, in Buenos Aires July 13, 2014. REUTERS/Ivan Alvarado (ARGENTINA - Tags: SPORT SOCCER WORLD CUP SOCIETY)
About 82 percent of the people said that they would not stand their partners cheating on them but at the same time 81 percent also confessed that if there were no consequences to their actions, they would cheat. Suggesting that they would most likely cheat if there were no chances of getting caught.
The survey also found out that 81 percent preferred to cheat on their partner with a stranger and 17 percent said they would not mind if it were a friend. They also justified their disloyal emotions, more than half admitted that an unhappy relationship drives them to have an affair with another. The most common reason was 'revenge', people cheated to get back at their partners. A few other reasons they provided were, "It was with a celebrity crush, my significant other cheated first, I hadn't had sex in a year and I knew they'd never find out."
The study also brought to light the role of technology in alluring people to cheat. 86 percent confirmed that they were tempted to cheat because it was online and 31 percent stated that it was not physical and just a digital relationship. Concepts of cheating varied to, while a few said fantasising about someone but not having a physical relationship was not considered cheating and nearly 50 percent said that it was not harm and they "do not feel any guilt.
When asked about their marriage and the vows more than half of the people said, "Monogamy is a social expectation but not a biological reality." They preferred having multiple partners over long periods.
The survey however is based on opinions that vary, a definite objective conclusion about loyalty in relationships cannot be brought about by the subjective opinions of a set of people.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sugar Is The Major Cause Of Obesity: Top 5 Ways To Reduce Your Sugar Intake
- 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' Star Kourtney Kardashian Blamed For Khloe's Weight Gain Through Social Media Messages
- Peter Quillin Claims That Adriana Lima Will Beat Gisele In The Boxing Ring; Adriana's Weight Loss Through Boxing and A Paleo Diet
- Ebola Survivors' Blood Sold in Black Market, WHO Warns Buyers of Risks Including Death
- Caution to Diabetics: Artificial Sweeteners May Increase Blood Sugar Levels Based on Study
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best