US Agency Accidentally Promotes Kim Kardashian Hollywood Game on their Official Account
By nidhi tewari | July 24, 2014 12:36 PM EST
Kim Kardashian's game "Kim Kardashian Hollywood" is even liked and played by United States' Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) employees, it has been revealed. The official Twitter account of EPA accidentally posted a link to the game of the reality star, asking its followers to download the app and play it on their iPhones. However, the agency later realized their mistake and deleted the tweet.
"Whoops...our bad. Sorry about tweet. Upside - more attention for the Office of Water (http://water.epa.gov ), thanks @KimKardashian," the water agency wrote apologizing to their followers.
Various Web sites are suggesting that the tweet could possibly have been sent by one of the female employees of EPA, who played the game on her phone. The unknown employee in question has now been warned and given instructions on how not to mix the social media with her personal interests, reports People magazine.
However, Kim Kardashian's game has been doing really well in terms of profits. The game, which is free to download on Google Play and Apple stores, is expected to make the reality star rich by a whopping $200 million in annual sales. "Kim Kardashian: Hollywood" has been named the second most-downloaded free game in Apple's U.S. App Store, says Bloomberg. Also it has been named as the third most-downloaded free game too.
"Join KIM KARDASHIAN on a red carpet adventure in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood! Create your own aspiring celebrity and rise to fame and fortune!" says the game description.
"Kim Kardashian Hollywood," which was launched on June 25 back on Apple and Google's virtual stores, now ranks number three at the iTunes chart. The game is based on Kim's personal experiences of how to become a celebrity. The players are asked to choose an avatar and then have the option to either spend money to get to the next level faster or wait for a long time. There have been instances where people have spent close to $500 to get to the next level of the game. Check out one such instance here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around