US Agency Accidentally Promotes Kim Kardashian Hollywood Game on their Official Account
By nidhi tewari | July 24, 2014 12:36 PM EST
Kim Kardashian's game "Kim Kardashian Hollywood" is even liked and played by United States' Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) employees, it has been revealed. The official Twitter account of EPA accidentally posted a link to the game of the reality star, asking its followers to download the app and play it on their iPhones. However, the agency later realized their mistake and deleted the tweet.
"Whoops...our bad. Sorry about tweet. Upside - more attention for the Office of Water (http://water.epa.gov ), thanks @KimKardashian," the water agency wrote apologizing to their followers.
Various Web sites are suggesting that the tweet could possibly have been sent by one of the female employees of EPA, who played the game on her phone. The unknown employee in question has now been warned and given instructions on how not to mix the social media with her personal interests, reports People magazine.
However, Kim Kardashian's game has been doing really well in terms of profits. The game, which is free to download on Google Play and Apple stores, is expected to make the reality star rich by a whopping $200 million in annual sales. "Kim Kardashian: Hollywood" has been named the second most-downloaded free game in Apple's U.S. App Store, says Bloomberg. Also it has been named as the third most-downloaded free game too.
"Join KIM KARDASHIAN on a red carpet adventure in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood! Create your own aspiring celebrity and rise to fame and fortune!" says the game description.
"Kim Kardashian Hollywood," which was launched on June 25 back on Apple and Google's virtual stores, now ranks number three at the iTunes chart. The game is based on Kim's personal experiences of how to become a celebrity. The players are asked to choose an avatar and then have the option to either spend money to get to the next level faster or wait for a long time. There have been instances where people have spent close to $500 to get to the next level of the game. Check out one such instance here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best