HTC Desire 616 vs. Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 24, 2014 12:13 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC Desire 616 or the Desire 816, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The HTC Desire 616 comes with a 5-inch capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. The Desire 816 comes with a 5.5-inch Super LCD2 capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.
Both the devices are about the same in this category. The Desire 616 has 294 ppi pixels display density whereas the Desire 816 has 267 ppi pixels display density.
The HTC Desire 616 comes with 142 x 71.9 x 9.2 mm dimensions and weighs 150 grams. The Desire 816 comes with 156.6 x 78.7 x 7.9 mm dimensions and weighs 165 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC Desire 616 is equipped with a 1.4 GHz octa core Cortex A7 processor and Mediatek MT6592 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Desire 816 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The HTC Desire 616 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. The Desire 816 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 1.5 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power the Desire 816 is the clear winner between the two devices.
The HTC Desire 616 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Desire 816 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP.
The HTC Desire 616 comes with a Li-Po 2000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 14 hours on 3G. The Desire 816 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The HTC Desire 616 Dual SIM is priced at around AU $309.95 and the Desire 816 Dual SIM is priced at around AU $379.95 in Australia.
OnePlus One vs. Oppo Find 7 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
HTC Desire 616 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight