PS4 August PS Plus Lineup Teased as Exclusives Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Get More Updates and Leaks
By Gel Galang | July 24, 2014 11:27 AM EST
Usually around this time, there should already be leaks of Sony's plans for its August PS Plus lineup. But surprisingly, even though July is already nearing its close, there still have been no teasers for it.
Shoppers browse for video games near a poster advertising a FIFA soccer video game played on Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 console, at an electronics retail store in Tokyo June 10, 2014.
Xbox One Games: First Look at Halo: Nightfall Character, Forza Horizon 2 Car List and a New Rocky Ad
Assassin’s Creed Unity’s Parkour Experience In-Game and in the SDCC; Assassin’s Creed Memories Confirmed
However, Sony's Fred Dutton did offer one small clue, if anything, when he responded to a fan query over at PlayStation Blog Europe.
When asked if the August PS Plus will be announced this week, he responded:
"No, not this week-it will be the week after. It's looking like an eclectic list this month-should be something for everyone.
For those interested, there is also a summer sale that Dutton had pre-announced. Slated to begin "next week," he stated that there will be updates over the course of the next month. There are no details yet of which games will be part of the summer sale.
'The Last of Us Remastered' Gets Leaked Video and Trophies
With a few more days left until "The Last of Us Remastered" becomes available for North America (July 29) and Europe (August 1), a user has apparently leaked a walkthrough video of the game on the PS4.
Gamingbolt has spotted the footage, stating that with the upgrades in visual and graphics, the game may really be the real deal on the PS4. The video can be seen below, but note that it's a walkthrough and will contain spoilers for those who have not yet played the PS3 version of "The Last of Us."
Apart from the leaked new footage of "The Last of Us" on the PS4, the multiplayer and trophy change have also been explained. The PlayStation Blog has featured an interview with game designer Quentin Cobb and lead multiplayer designer Erin Daly, wherein a few details and changes of the multiplayer have been revealed.
"On the gameplay side, we made some important tweaks. The DLC map trophies now require five downs or executions and deaths don't matter. We added 18 new tips for new players," said Cobb.
They also reiterated the higher FPS quality for "The Last of Us Remastered" and the fact that it has greatly improved the gameplay.
"Playing with the higher fps is by far my favorite feature. This improves gameplay dramatically and makes shooting much more precise. I find that gameplay in general is much more responsive and accurate."
As for the trophies, while there are no additions for the remastered version, eight of the trophies have been changed so that they will be easier to earn.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- Xbox One News: Windows 10 Hinted For Xbox One; Deals With Gold And Xbox One Counterfeits Detailed
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots