4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports
By Erik Pineda | July 24, 2014 11:25 AM EST
The iPhone 6 release date will actually happen on September 26 2014 that will allow Apple to possibly clear some 16 million units of the freshly-minted handset in the remaining five days before the month ends, a new report said.
A woman looks at the screen of her mobile phone in front of an Apple logo outside its store in downtown Shanghai September 10, 2013.
This forecast from Gene Munster of Piper Jaffray, according to CNET, is based on the assumption that the 2014 rollout of the next iPhone will see the availability of two models - the 4.7-inch iPhones 6 that replaces the 4-inch iPhone 5S and the 5.5-inch jumbo iPhone that will take on giant Android mobile phones.
Muster's estimation appears to align with that of the new blog report from Mark Gurman of 9to5Mac, claiming that a grand event is tentatively in the works for the purpose of introducing the iPhone 6.
This iPhone 6 unveiling will likely take place in mid-September, Gurman added.
Prior to the iPhone maker's big push for its new smartphone, iOS 8 will be made public, a BGR report said, noting too that the software should be ready for download two days before the iPhone 6 is uncloaked.
By August 15, beta 6 of iOS 6 will be seeded to developers and that will serve as the last beta build instalment, paving the way for the software's final from in the few weeks to follow, BGR added on its report.
Connecting the dots, the scenario could be this - iOS 8 will officially bump off iOS 7 as the latest Apple mobile operating system on September 17 then two days after the company will formally present its new master opus - the iPhone 6.
That would be on September 19, around the same time that Deutsch Telekom in Germany will start taking pre-orders of the device, then following seven days select Apple Stores across will start selling the much-awaited mobile phone.
However, the prospect of Apple fans also getting hold of the larger 5.5-inch iPhone 6 on the last Friday of September appears dim at the moment as Gurman indicated that the first Apple phablet is yet to be finalized.
"The event will showcase at least the new iPhone 6 with a 4.7-inch screen, the sources say, but a final decision on debuting the larger, 5.5-inch "phablet" model at the event has not been made," Gurman said on his 9to5Mac report.
Somehow, he echoes the claim made in recent days by Ming-chi Kuo of KGI Securities - that the supersized iPhone 6 will not hit store shelves worldwide until the early months of 2015. Kuo cited production challenges relating to the device's touch panel and housing as the likely cause of the delayed release date for the bigger iPhone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William And Kate Middleton Complete NYC Tour Itinerary [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots