Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Screenshot Shows Off Exoskeleton Detail; Multiplayer to be Demoed at Gamescom
By Gel Galang | July 24, 2014 11:25 AM EST
Developer for "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" Sledgehammer Games is celebrating its five-year anniversary in the business as an independent studio. Because of this, the team is looking to include fans in the celebration and share some great #HammerWeek stuff and freebies with them.
Gamers line up under a "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" game display during the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
Assassin’s Creed Unity’s Parkour Experience In-Game and in the SDCC; Assassin’s Creed Memories Confirmed
Titanfall vs. Killzone: Shadow Fall: More Screenshots of the Frontier and Marked for Death or a Gassy Expansion?
"As our studio celebrates its five-year anniversary, we also want to include you, as our games have always been for the player. Here's what you can look forward to this week, and we'll be updating this blog post throughout the week as this content goes live," said co-founders Michael Condrey and Glen Schofield via the Sledgehammer Games Blog.
#HammerWeek, as they call the celebration, has been outlined to bring in some of these things during the whole week:
- Monday: 5th Anniversary and Photo Gallery
- Tuesday: Challenge Coin and Patch Sweepstakes on Twitter
- Wednesday: Exclusive Digital Content
- Thursday: Surprise
- Friday: Studio Happy Hour & Toast Photo Album
"As a way of saying thanks to the fans of our studio, we're releasing a brand new screenshot from 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.' This screenshot highlights our game's Exoskeleton, the game changing mechanic that allows the advanced soldier to move faster, jump higher, and fight harder. The exoskeleton is a core mechanic of our game and really ushers in a new era for the Call of Duty franchise."
The screenshot can be seen in the link above, and the amount of detail is indeed something that shows the dynamics and extent of improvement for the Call of Duty franchise.
'Advanced Warfare' Coming to Gamescom
August 13 is a date to watch out for "Call of Duty" fans, as the "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" will be playable at Gamescom.
VG 24/7 has spotted the confirmation from the Major League Gaming broadcast. The game is already on the hands-on stage, where it has already been sampled and is ready for the public to get their hands on it. for Gamescom, the multiplayer component of "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" will be up for demo.
"It's safe to say that this new title puts more emphasis on skill than any of the Cal of Dutys I've played before this," said eSports presenter Chris Puckett as quoted by VG 24/7.
Sledgehammer Games, on the other hand, has only been teasing when and where they will be showcasing the multiplayer component of the game.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy