Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Screenshot Shows Off Exoskeleton Detail; Multiplayer to be Demoed at Gamescom
By Gel Galang | July 24, 2014 11:25 AM EST
Developer for "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" Sledgehammer Games is celebrating its five-year anniversary in the business as an independent studio. Because of this, the team is looking to include fans in the celebration and share some great #HammerWeek stuff and freebies with them.
Gamers line up under a "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" game display during the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
Assassin’s Creed Unity’s Parkour Experience In-Game and in the SDCC; Assassin’s Creed Memories Confirmed
Titanfall vs. Killzone: Shadow Fall: More Screenshots of the Frontier and Marked for Death or a Gassy Expansion?
"As our studio celebrates its five-year anniversary, we also want to include you, as our games have always been for the player. Here's what you can look forward to this week, and we'll be updating this blog post throughout the week as this content goes live," said co-founders Michael Condrey and Glen Schofield via the Sledgehammer Games Blog.
#HammerWeek, as they call the celebration, has been outlined to bring in some of these things during the whole week:
- Monday: 5th Anniversary and Photo Gallery
- Tuesday: Challenge Coin and Patch Sweepstakes on Twitter
- Wednesday: Exclusive Digital Content
- Thursday: Surprise
- Friday: Studio Happy Hour & Toast Photo Album
"As a way of saying thanks to the fans of our studio, we're releasing a brand new screenshot from 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.' This screenshot highlights our game's Exoskeleton, the game changing mechanic that allows the advanced soldier to move faster, jump higher, and fight harder. The exoskeleton is a core mechanic of our game and really ushers in a new era for the Call of Duty franchise."
The screenshot can be seen in the link above, and the amount of detail is indeed something that shows the dynamics and extent of improvement for the Call of Duty franchise.
'Advanced Warfare' Coming to Gamescom
August 13 is a date to watch out for "Call of Duty" fans, as the "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" will be playable at Gamescom.
VG 24/7 has spotted the confirmation from the Major League Gaming broadcast. The game is already on the hands-on stage, where it has already been sampled and is ready for the public to get their hands on it. for Gamescom, the multiplayer component of "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" will be up for demo.
"It's safe to say that this new title puts more emphasis on skill than any of the Cal of Dutys I've played before this," said eSports presenter Chris Puckett as quoted by VG 24/7.
Sledgehammer Games, on the other hand, has only been teasing when and where they will be showcasing the multiplayer component of the game.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date