Bojan Krkic Transfer from Barcelona to Stoke City
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | July 24, 2014 10:52 AM EST
Stoke City FC has announced that they have signed Bojan Krkic to a four-year contract for an undisclosed amount. The 23-year-old striker played for Spanish powerhouse Barcelona last season.
“Anyone who knows European football will be aware of him as a player and the fact that he sees his future at Stoke City is really exciting and an endorsement of the club itself. He’s desperate to prove himself in the Premier League and we’re pleased to be able to offer him that platform.” Mark Hughes, the Potters manager said in the team’s website.
Bojan confirmed the signing with a Twitter post:
— Bojan Krkic (@BoKrkic) July 23, 2014
Bojan is the most recent signing for Stoke City FC who also added Steve Sidwell, Phil Bardsley, Dionatan Teixeira and Mame Biram Diouf earler in the transfer window season.
"The signing of Bojan, along with the other players we have recruited ahead of the new season, underlines the progress we are making as a Club." Tony Scholes, the club’s chief executive said about the development. "A number of other clubs had expressed an interest in him but Bojan believes joining Stoke City will benefit his career and we have no doubts he will prove to be a wonderful addition to our squad. “
Bojan scored 26 goals in 104 appearances for Barcelona from 2007 to 2011. He also played with Roma, Milan and Ajax from 2011 to 2014. He also suited up for the under-17 and under-18 squad of the Spanish National Team from 2006 to 2011 and appeared in a lone game for the senior squad.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles