Bojan Krkic Transfer from Barcelona to Stoke City
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | July 24, 2014 10:52 AM EST
Stoke City FC has announced that they have signed Bojan Krkic to a four-year contract for an undisclosed amount. The 23-year-old striker played for Spanish powerhouse Barcelona last season.
“Anyone who knows European football will be aware of him as a player and the fact that he sees his future at Stoke City is really exciting and an endorsement of the club itself. He’s desperate to prove himself in the Premier League and we’re pleased to be able to offer him that platform.” Mark Hughes, the Potters manager said in the team’s website.
Bojan confirmed the signing with a Twitter post:
— Bojan Krkic (@BoKrkic) July 23, 2014
Bojan is the most recent signing for Stoke City FC who also added Steve Sidwell, Phil Bardsley, Dionatan Teixeira and Mame Biram Diouf earler in the transfer window season.
"The signing of Bojan, along with the other players we have recruited ahead of the new season, underlines the progress we are making as a Club." Tony Scholes, the club’s chief executive said about the development. "A number of other clubs had expressed an interest in him but Bojan believes joining Stoke City will benefit his career and we have no doubts he will prove to be a wonderful addition to our squad. “
Bojan scored 26 goals in 104 appearances for Barcelona from 2007 to 2011. He also played with Roma, Milan and Ajax from 2011 to 2014. He also suited up for the under-17 and under-18 squad of the Spanish National Team from 2006 to 2011 and appeared in a lone game for the senior squad.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Liverpool FC: Brendan Rodgers Accedes That His Days As Reds Boss Could Be Numbered
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James