Bojan Krkic Transfer from Barcelona to Stoke City
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | July 24, 2014 10:52 AM EST
Stoke City FC has announced that they have signed Bojan Krkic to a four-year contract for an undisclosed amount. The 23-year-old striker played for Spanish powerhouse Barcelona last season.
“Anyone who knows European football will be aware of him as a player and the fact that he sees his future at Stoke City is really exciting and an endorsement of the club itself. He’s desperate to prove himself in the Premier League and we’re pleased to be able to offer him that platform.” Mark Hughes, the Potters manager said in the team’s website.
Bojan confirmed the signing with a Twitter post:
— Bojan Krkic (@BoKrkic) July 23, 2014
Bojan is the most recent signing for Stoke City FC who also added Steve Sidwell, Phil Bardsley, Dionatan Teixeira and Mame Biram Diouf earler in the transfer window season.
"The signing of Bojan, along with the other players we have recruited ahead of the new season, underlines the progress we are making as a Club." Tony Scholes, the club’s chief executive said about the development. "A number of other clubs had expressed an interest in him but Bojan believes joining Stoke City will benefit his career and we have no doubts he will prove to be a wonderful addition to our squad. “
Bojan scored 26 goals in 104 appearances for Barcelona from 2007 to 2011. He also played with Roma, Milan and Ajax from 2011 to 2014. He also suited up for the under-17 and under-18 squad of the Spanish National Team from 2006 to 2011 and appeared in a lone game for the senior squad.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28