Bojan Krkic Transfer from Barcelona to Stoke City
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | July 24, 2014 10:52 AM EST
Stoke City FC has announced that they have signed Bojan Krkic to a four-year contract for an undisclosed amount. The 23-year-old striker played for Spanish powerhouse Barcelona last season.
“Anyone who knows European football will be aware of him as a player and the fact that he sees his future at Stoke City is really exciting and an endorsement of the club itself. He’s desperate to prove himself in the Premier League and we’re pleased to be able to offer him that platform.” Mark Hughes, the Potters manager said in the team’s website.
Bojan confirmed the signing with a Twitter post:
— Bojan Krkic (@BoKrkic) July 23, 2014
Bojan is the most recent signing for Stoke City FC who also added Steve Sidwell, Phil Bardsley, Dionatan Teixeira and Mame Biram Diouf earler in the transfer window season.
"The signing of Bojan, along with the other players we have recruited ahead of the new season, underlines the progress we are making as a Club." Tony Scholes, the club’s chief executive said about the development. "A number of other clubs had expressed an interest in him but Bojan believes joining Stoke City will benefit his career and we have no doubts he will prove to be a wonderful addition to our squad. “
Bojan scored 26 goals in 104 appearances for Barcelona from 2007 to 2011. He also played with Roma, Milan and Ajax from 2011 to 2014. He also suited up for the under-17 and under-18 squad of the Spanish National Team from 2006 to 2011 and appeared in a lone game for the senior squad.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James