LeBron James Visits Taiwan on Thursday; King Sends Cupcakes to Neighbours in Cleveland
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | July 24, 2014 10:50 AM EST
LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers is on a five-day tour in Asia. James’ first stop was in China on Monday and Tuesday and then Hong Kong on Wednesday. He will visit Taiwan on Thursday and Friday.
Jun 5, 2014; San Antonio, TX, USA; Miami Heat forward LeBron James (6) reacts after getting injured in the fourth quarter while being helped to the bench against the San Antonio Spurs in game one of the 2014 NBA Finals at AT&T Center. The Spurs beat the Heat 110-95.
In Hong Kong, James treated hoops fans by showing off his basketball skills in front of a crowd of around 1,500. The performance came with special effects including smoke that came from the backboard.
The highlight of the week so far was his “piano dunk” with pianist prodigy Lang Lang at the Wukesong Sports Center in Beijing, China. James and Lang Lang exchanged gifts on Monday with Lang Lang being given basketball shoes and James receiving an album from Lang Lang and ended with the pair playing the piano together.
James also appeared in a hoops stores where he was greeted by hundreds of his supports. The event is a sponsored by Nike, a product endorsed by the Cavaliers star.
“Every time I come here, the game of basketball grows more and more,” James said to the crowd via Taipei News. “It’s been great all the way from before I came to 2008 Beijing Olympics and all the way now for me to come back in 2014. The game continues to rise, and I think that’s amazing.”
“I am very blessed and the game of basketball has given me everything and more than I can dream of to my family, myself and my friends," James also said.
Meanwhile, while in Asia, James sent his Cleveland neighbours cupcakes on Tuesday with an accompanying note of apology:
“We know things have been hectic in the neighborhood these past few weeks and we are sorry for the chaos. We are so thankful to live in this wonderful community and we are so blessed to have understanding neighbors like you.
As a gesture of our gratitude and appreciation, our family wants to give you something that is meaningful to us, our foundation’s cupcakes. We hope you enjoy the treat!” according to the note.
James signed with the Cavaliers as a free agent in the offseason and left the Miami Heat where he we two NBA championships.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4