LeBron James Visits Taiwan on Thursday; King Sends Cupcakes to Neighbours in Cleveland
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | July 24, 2014 10:50 AM EST
LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers is on a five-day tour in Asia. James’ first stop was in China on Monday and Tuesday and then Hong Kong on Wednesday. He will visit Taiwan on Thursday and Friday.
Jun 5, 2014; San Antonio, TX, USA; Miami Heat forward LeBron James (6) reacts after getting injured in the fourth quarter while being helped to the bench against the San Antonio Spurs in game one of the 2014 NBA Finals at AT&T Center. The Spurs beat the Heat 110-95.
In Hong Kong, James treated hoops fans by showing off his basketball skills in front of a crowd of around 1,500. The performance came with special effects including smoke that came from the backboard.
The highlight of the week so far was his “piano dunk” with pianist prodigy Lang Lang at the Wukesong Sports Center in Beijing, China. James and Lang Lang exchanged gifts on Monday with Lang Lang being given basketball shoes and James receiving an album from Lang Lang and ended with the pair playing the piano together.
James also appeared in a hoops stores where he was greeted by hundreds of his supports. The event is a sponsored by Nike, a product endorsed by the Cavaliers star.
“Every time I come here, the game of basketball grows more and more,” James said to the crowd via Taipei News. “It’s been great all the way from before I came to 2008 Beijing Olympics and all the way now for me to come back in 2014. The game continues to rise, and I think that’s amazing.”
“I am very blessed and the game of basketball has given me everything and more than I can dream of to my family, myself and my friends," James also said.
Meanwhile, while in Asia, James sent his Cleveland neighbours cupcakes on Tuesday with an accompanying note of apology:
“We know things have been hectic in the neighborhood these past few weeks and we are sorry for the chaos. We are so thankful to live in this wonderful community and we are so blessed to have understanding neighbors like you.
As a gesture of our gratitude and appreciation, our family wants to give you something that is meaningful to us, our foundation’s cupcakes. We hope you enjoy the treat!” according to the note.
James signed with the Cavaliers as a free agent in the offseason and left the Miami Heat where he we two NBA championships.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar