LeBron James Visits Taiwan on Thursday; King Sends Cupcakes to Neighbours in Cleveland
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | July 24, 2014 10:50 AM EST
LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers is on a five-day tour in Asia. James’ first stop was in China on Monday and Tuesday and then Hong Kong on Wednesday. He will visit Taiwan on Thursday and Friday.
Jun 5, 2014; San Antonio, TX, USA; Miami Heat forward LeBron James (6) reacts after getting injured in the fourth quarter while being helped to the bench against the San Antonio Spurs in game one of the 2014 NBA Finals at AT&T Center. The Spurs beat the Heat 110-95.
In Hong Kong, James treated hoops fans by showing off his basketball skills in front of a crowd of around 1,500. The performance came with special effects including smoke that came from the backboard.
The highlight of the week so far was his “piano dunk” with pianist prodigy Lang Lang at the Wukesong Sports Center in Beijing, China. James and Lang Lang exchanged gifts on Monday with Lang Lang being given basketball shoes and James receiving an album from Lang Lang and ended with the pair playing the piano together.
James also appeared in a hoops stores where he was greeted by hundreds of his supports. The event is a sponsored by Nike, a product endorsed by the Cavaliers star.
“Every time I come here, the game of basketball grows more and more,” James said to the crowd via Taipei News. “It’s been great all the way from before I came to 2008 Beijing Olympics and all the way now for me to come back in 2014. The game continues to rise, and I think that’s amazing.”
“I am very blessed and the game of basketball has given me everything and more than I can dream of to my family, myself and my friends," James also said.
Meanwhile, while in Asia, James sent his Cleveland neighbours cupcakes on Tuesday with an accompanying note of apology:
“We know things have been hectic in the neighborhood these past few weeks and we are sorry for the chaos. We are so thankful to live in this wonderful community and we are so blessed to have understanding neighbors like you.
As a gesture of our gratitude and appreciation, our family wants to give you something that is meaningful to us, our foundation’s cupcakes. We hope you enjoy the treat!” according to the note.
James signed with the Cavaliers as a free agent in the offseason and left the Miami Heat where he we two NBA championships.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation