iPhone 6 Release Roundup: Prices, September/October Release, New Video and Sony Camera
By Precious Silva | July 24, 2014 10:39 AM EST
The iPhone 6 has encouraged a number of forecasts with most analysts predicting that Apple can drive all-time high results despite the $100 premium expected. According to predictions, people will still be willing to purchase the device for its technology above its price. According to another prediction this may not be case. More importantly, more details about the iPhone emerge including a new video demonstrating how the device will work against one-hand operation. Can Apple still deliver a killer handset?
A woman holds her new Apple iPhone 5S after buying it at an Apple Store at Tokyo's Ginza shopping district September 20, 2013.
According to Jim Edwards of Business Insider, it would be "delusional" to think that Apple can simply get away from placing a premium on its device without hitting obstacles along the way. As other analysts emphasized, superior technology does not always win in the marketplace. Price has a very big influence on the decision of consumers. It will not let up just because the iPhone 6 will be released.
According to a GSM Insider from a Chinese user's Weibo account, a flyer has been leaked revealing the release date of the iPhone 6 on September 19 along with its prices. The flyer shows that the 4.7-inch variant will be sold at CNY 5,288 or around Rs. 51,000, whereas the 5.5-inch version will be sold at CNY 6,800 or around Rs. 61,000. If Apple pushes through with this then the 32GB 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will be more affordable than the 16GB iPhone 5s. The 5s comes with a CNY 5,300 price tag.
In a video reported by Forbes, the footage shows the iPhone 6 running on the iOS 8 although it appears one-hand use will be unlikely. The video came from well-known technology blogger Tom Richardson. The footage has been created using Adobe After Effects. In the video, people can see a dramatic change in the icons and appearance of the interface. More importantly, Forbes pointed out that the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 shown on the video may be a two-handed device. It might not be suitable for one-hand use as the top and bottom bezels are larger. Navigating with one hand may be challenging.
Watch the video here.
MacRumors also reported that Apple may be including a 13MP Sony Camera on the iPhone 6. The device may feature Sony's Exmor IMX220 camera sensor as leaked in Digi-Wo by a Chinese Sony enthusiast. The Exmor IMX220 comes with 13 megapixels, 1080p shooting capabilities and 1/2.3" sensor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims