Irina Shayk Talks About Her Acting Experience in Debut Film Hercules: The Thracian Wars, Says She Felt Very ‘Attached’ to Dwayne Johnson
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 24, 2014 10:23 AM EST
Irina Shayk shared the experiences she had after landing her first movie role in the adventure fantasy flick "Hercules: The Thracian Wars."
Irina played the role of Megara, the wife of the titular character. In an interview with Vogue UK, Irina said that she may have played a minor role, but her small participation has a big impact on the film. She went on and said that she instantly "felt attached" to the movie and thought the role was just right for her. According to Irina, she wants more movie roles.
Russian model Irina Shayk presents a creation from the collection of Desigual during 080 Barcelona Fashion in the Born Cultural Centre in Barcelona, January 28, 2014. Spanish fashion label Desigual is accelerating its expansion in Europe and emerging markets, seeking to ride predictions of fast growth in women's apparel while also taking the colourful brand into new areas like perfume and shoes. The Barcelona-based company is targeting sales of 1 billion euros ($1.4 billion) this year, up from about 820 million in 2013 and 440 million four years ago. It is all part of managing director Manel Jadraque's masterplan to build a powerhouse brand to rival those produced by the likes of French luxury group LVMH, where he worked for a decade before joining Desigual as director of operations in 2004. REUTERS/Gustau Nacarino
The 28-year-old Russian Sports Illustrated model has heaped praise on Dwayne Johnson too. Being a rookie in the film industry, Irina has received great support from Dwayne. "He helped me a lot, just him being there, really helped," Irina told Vogue UK. "I felt very attached to my 'husband' which made it easier for me," she added.
As for the scene in the movie that she found most difficult, Irina said her "death scene" was invariably the most challenging. She said she had to play dead literally. "You have to lay in the ground, and obviously you can't move, you can't breathe, you can't blink your eyes."
To promote the movie which hits the U.S. theatres on July 25, Irina stopped by the set of Extra. She was spotted in Los Angeles sporting a while long-sleeved blouse with matching white skimpy skirt and brown lace-up stilletos. She also donned a sweet simple makeup to equal her modest flowing hairstyle. She was Mario Lopez's guest co-host. Irina, who has a relationship with Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo was also there to promote her debut movie.
Video courtesy: YouTube/Celebs World
"Hercules: The Thracian Wars" also starred Ian McShane, John Hurt, Joseph Fiennes, and Rufus Sewell. It was directed by academy award winning director Brett Ratner.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet