Irina Shayk Talks About Her Acting Experience in Debut Film Hercules: The Thracian Wars, Says She Felt Very ‘Attached’ to Dwayne Johnson
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 24, 2014 10:23 AM EST
Irina Shayk shared the experiences she had after landing her first movie role in the adventure fantasy flick "Hercules: The Thracian Wars."
Irina played the role of Megara, the wife of the titular character. In an interview with Vogue UK, Irina said that she may have played a minor role, but her small participation has a big impact on the film. She went on and said that she instantly "felt attached" to the movie and thought the role was just right for her. According to Irina, she wants more movie roles.
Russian model Irina Shayk presents a creation from the collection of Desigual during 080 Barcelona Fashion in the Born Cultural Centre in Barcelona, January 28, 2014. Spanish fashion label Desigual is accelerating its expansion in Europe and emerging markets, seeking to ride predictions of fast growth in women's apparel while also taking the colourful brand into new areas like perfume and shoes. The Barcelona-based company is targeting sales of 1 billion euros ($1.4 billion) this year, up from about 820 million in 2013 and 440 million four years ago. It is all part of managing director Manel Jadraque's masterplan to build a powerhouse brand to rival those produced by the likes of French luxury group LVMH, where he worked for a decade before joining Desigual as director of operations in 2004. REUTERS/Gustau Nacarino
The 28-year-old Russian Sports Illustrated model has heaped praise on Dwayne Johnson too. Being a rookie in the film industry, Irina has received great support from Dwayne. "He helped me a lot, just him being there, really helped," Irina told Vogue UK. "I felt very attached to my 'husband' which made it easier for me," she added.
As for the scene in the movie that she found most difficult, Irina said her "death scene" was invariably the most challenging. She said she had to play dead literally. "You have to lay in the ground, and obviously you can't move, you can't breathe, you can't blink your eyes."
To promote the movie which hits the U.S. theatres on July 25, Irina stopped by the set of Extra. She was spotted in Los Angeles sporting a while long-sleeved blouse with matching white skimpy skirt and brown lace-up stilletos. She also donned a sweet simple makeup to equal her modest flowing hairstyle. She was Mario Lopez's guest co-host. Irina, who has a relationship with Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo was also there to promote her debut movie.
Video courtesy: YouTube/Celebs World
"Hercules: The Thracian Wars" also starred Ian McShane, John Hurt, Joseph Fiennes, and Rufus Sewell. It was directed by academy award winning director Brett Ratner.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues