Video of Kids Reaction to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Goes Viral [Watch YouTube Clip]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 24, 2014 9:51 AM EST
A video showcasing kids reaction to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) cartoon in the 1990s era goes viral on YouTube after amassing over 2.9 million views in just a matter of three days.
In the viral YouTube video published by TheFineBros, several kids ages six to 12 years old were shown the video of the famous cartoon three decades ago. At the start of the video, the boys were shown happily moving their bod, smiling, or singing along with the sound track as the video was shown. But the girls had a big question mark expression on their faces.
But when the kids were asked if it was the same Ninja Turtles they see at present, the kids all said "No." One child said that it was the same Ninja turtles but with different look. Another child said that the cartoon today is in 3D and the video they just watched was flat.
The kids were then informed that the video they just watched was not anymore seen on television but it was seen when the narrator was still a kid. One child said: "You must be really old then." One kid said that she saw the TMNT in T-shirts.
When the kids were asked why do the makers of the TMNT cartoon have to start over and not just make use of the past cartoon, one kid replied that maybe they wanted to make a better one. One kid also said that a brand new version would be even more popular and still another kid said that the new version has better graphics.
"It's recycling!" another kid chimed in. "Everybody loves recycling. It's they have like some old stuff and then they revamp it for the new generation."
The kids were then asked if they like Ninja Turtles, the younger girls said "No" and that the Ninja Turtles were not their kind of thing. But the boys revealed that they love Ninja Turtles with matching demo of the stuff that the cartoons do. One boy even narrated the story of the TMNT. One kid said that he like Michaelangelo because he always eats pizza and another kid preferred Rafael.
Surprisingly, most of the kids did not know that there will be a brand new Ninja Turles movie. One kid though said that he has seen the trailer from Michael Bay "It's awesome! he said with matching comment that the trailer said "Burn" sarcastically.
When the kids were shown with the movie trailer, one kids reacted that the movie is better for it has more details but one kid said that movie trailers only show the best parts so there might be horrible parts as well. Overall, the kids were not impressed with the Ninja Turtles movie trailer starring Megan Fox.
When the kids were shown with the pictures of the old Ninja Turtles, the kids said that they looked scary, very stupid, cheesy, fake, old fashioned, radical and ugly even for the kid whose favorite cartoon is Ninja Turtles.
In the end, most of the kids in the video reacted that they will not watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles after they were told about the details of the cartoon. Perhaps, Ninja Turtles is not their kind of thing even though it is a very popular cartoon in the past.
Michael Bay's new "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" film will hit the theaters on Aug. 8, 2014.
Watch the viral video of kids reaction to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) on YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’