Taylor Swift's Advice on Love: 'I think unrequited love is just as valid as any other kind'
By Diadem Pambid | July 24, 2014 8:44 AM EST
Unrequited love may just be the forte of country crooner Taylor Swift. In fact, the 24-year old shared advice on this type of love on her Instagram account. Swift claims "unrequited love is just as valid as any other kind."
U.S. singer Taylor Swift performs during her RED Tour in Shanghai, May 30, 2014.
Most of Taylor Swift's love songs aren't always about break ups and heartache. Most of them talk about the unrequited type of love. Obviously, all these stem from Swift's experiences on love which not only make her one heck of a songwriter but a future love advice-giver.
In fact, Swift has already started giving out advice on love. A "Swiftie" named Hannah reached out to Taylor on Instagram where she talked about the current love of her life whom ironically has a girlfriend.
"a guy who's sweet and charming and makes me laugh. A guy who said sorry for eating in front of me after finding out I had to skip breakfast...A guy who was my first best friend," writes Hannah with the Instagram username, SherbetSwift.
"@taylorswift can you give me some advice maybe. I love you," continued Hannah.
Leave it to Taylor to share her wisdom on "unrequited love."
"True love isn't the kind that lasts forever or is fully realized," shared Swift, adding, "I think unrequited love is just as valid as any other kind. It's just as crushing and just as thrilling. No matter what happens in this situation, I want you to remember that what you are doing is selfless and beautiful and kind."
Taylor then adds that one day Hannah would find someone who would love her in an equal, selfless way. Apart from inspiring her fans with her songs, Swift has once again inspired and enlightened her "Swifties" on true and unrequited love.
As for Swift, hopefully the same kind of selfless, equal love may also be given to her one day. For one, the country crooner has had a number of messy relationships with the latest being One Direction's Harry Styles. Harry and Taylor dated for a swift period with the latter ending up in heartbreak.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- ‘Top Gun 2’ Update: ‘The Jungle Book’ Writer Onboard, Tom Cruise Likely To Reprise His Role
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 New Teaser Video, Spoilers: ‘Don’t Hesitate, They Won’t’
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation