Chelsea FC Transfer News: AS Monaco to Compete with Atletico Madrid for Blues Striker's Signature
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 24, 2014 12:48 AM EST
French giants AS Monaco are set to compete with Atletico Madrid in securing the signature of Chelsea striker Fernando Torres.
Speculations have been rife in the past months that the 30-year-old could move back to his boyhood club this offseason, as he struggles to earn playing time under Jose Mourinho.
AS Monaco will compete with Atletico Madrid in signing Chelsea striker Fernando Torres
Rojiblancos boss Diego Simeone isn't shy of making it known to the public that he would love to reunite with his former teammate at the Vicente Calderon.
The former Liverpool man has been persistent in winning a place in the starting-eleven, but with the signing of Diego Costa, the west London outfit's hierarchy will look to cash in on Torres in order to, somehow, offset their transfer expenses.
The Colcheneros are reportedly only willing to hand out £15million for El Niño's services, a bit far from the Blues' asking price of £20million, which makes Monaco, who just gained £70million from the James Rodriguez sale to Real Madrid, favourites in landing the player who once cost £50million.
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight