White Collar Season 6: Matt Bomer Reveals it's ‘The Pink Panthers’ Storyline in Final Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 23, 2014 9:36 PM EST
Matt Bomer, who plays con-man Neal Caffrey in "White Collar," has been spilling details about the show's final season. He recently revealed that the storyline of the final season will feature the legendary diamond-thieving gang, The Pink Panthers. The actor has also provided his input for the final episode of the final season.
The Emmy nominated actor revealed to TV Line that the storyline of the final season will "revolve around the greatest crime ring in the world." It is called "The Pink Panthers," a group that actually exists in the real world.
The Guardian'report, published in September 2013, called 'The Pink Panthers' "the most successful diamond-thieving gang in history." The report said that this criminal gang had committed, till that time, around 341 armed robberies and thefts around the world, with an "estimated value of stolen goods of ¤330m."
According to The Guardian report, this gang's "exploits have become the stuff of legend." They have committed crime, with precision, in London, Tokyo, Geneva, Singapore and in many more countries.
"The gang, a loosely affiliated network of an estimated 200 to 220 people, pull off jobs with precision and style, dressing as golfers for one job, Hawaiian tourists for another, workmen for one more," The Guardian report said.
This year, 'The Pink Panthers' hit the headlines when it was reported that an alleged leader of the gang was arrested in Spain. According to reports, this 33-year-old leader, Borko Ilincic, was wanted over a spectacular £2.5 million diamond heist in Dubai in 2007.
Bomer told TV Line, "Neal is trying to become a mole in their organisation [Pink Pathers] in order to get his freedom from the FBI." He also revealed that some old characters are set to return, while new characters will also be introduced. "Drama ensues," the actor said.
In Season 5 of "White Collar," the top bosses of FBI rejected Peter's recommendation to set free Neal, as he had become an asset. The final moments of Season 5 saw the abduction of Neal by an unknown person.
The filming of "White Collar" final season is all set to wrap-up soon. The cast and crew have begun filming the final episode.
Willie Garson, who plays Mozzie, shared on Twitter: "Shot first scene of the FINAL episode of @WhiteCollarUSA this morning......this is now real, unfortunate, and depressing....."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Promo Video And Synopsis For Episode 9 Titled ‘I Alone’ Tease Continuation Of Mission To Bring Bonnie Back [WATCH]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced