Google Nexus 6 Release Date and Specs Speculations: Smartphone May Be Released in October or November 2014 – Report
By Janice Somosot | July 23, 2014 6:47 PM EST
The Google Nexus 6 smartphone may be released in October or November 2014! This is according to a report from Know Your Mobile. The expected release of the much anticipated Google smartphone is predicted to coincide with the launch of the Android L in fourth quarter (Q4) of 2014. Read on to learn more about the Google Nexus 6 release date and specs speculations.
A Google search page is reflected in sunglasses in this photo illustration taken in Brussels May 30, 2014.
There have been a lot of speculations about the Google Nexus 6 smartphone specifications (specs). Below is a list of it.
1. 5.5-inch QHD display
2. Fingerprint scanner
3. Android L
4. Quad-core MT6732 64-bit chip (1.5GHz) or Octa-core MT6752 SoC (2.0GHz)
5. 3GB+ of RAM
As for Android L, it has been unveiled on June 25, 2014, but it has yet to be officially launched. A lot of people are also speculating about it, particularly its name. After Android 4.4.x "KitKat," could the Android L be named Android 4.5 x "Lollipop," "Licorice" or "Leche Flan?" It could very well be "Lime Pie," "Lemon Cake" or "Ladyfingers" too! Whatever name is chosen to represent the newest version of Android, surely it will sound sweet to us.
According to the Android L Developer Preview, it will support material design apps. It will have a new material theme (Users can choose between the Dark Material theme or Light Material theme), two new widgets (the RecyclerView widget and the CardView widget) for complex views, new Application Programming Interface (APIs) including drawable tinting and a color extraction library for customized animations and shadows. Plus, it will have enhanced notifications, Project Volta to maximize battery use and Android Runtime (ART). Click HERE to see the Android L Developer Preview.
After unveiling the Android L, Android Wear and Android TV, Android fans are waiting for the new Google Nexus update. Because the Google Nexus 4 (Codename: Mako) was released on Nov. 13, 2012 and the Google Nexus 5 (Codename: Hammerhead) was released on Oct. 31, 2013, the Google Nexus 6 smartphone may be released in October or November 2014! What will be its codename? Probably, it will be named after a shark, too. Could it be called the "Great White," "Requiem," "Bramble," "Goblin," "Bullhead," "Reef," "Thresher" or "Wobbegong," which are different kinds of sharks? Guess we'll have to keep an eye out for a suspicious sounding shark name suddenly being popular as October or November 2014 approaches.
That's it for the Google Nexus 6 release date and specs speculations. If predictions are true and this smartphone may be released in October or November 2014, then it will be a happy Christmas for Google and Android fans. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about Google Nexus and other news about technology, finance, business, entertainment, health and sports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate