Google Nexus 6 Release Date and Specs Speculations: Smartphone May Be Released in October or November 2014 – Report
By Janice Somosot | July 23, 2014 6:47 PM EST
The Google Nexus 6 smartphone may be released in October or November 2014! This is according to a report from Know Your Mobile. The expected release of the much anticipated Google smartphone is predicted to coincide with the launch of the Android L in fourth quarter (Q4) of 2014. Read on to learn more about the Google Nexus 6 release date and specs speculations.
A Google search page is reflected in sunglasses in this photo illustration taken in Brussels May 30, 2014.
There have been a lot of speculations about the Google Nexus 6 smartphone specifications (specs). Below is a list of it.
1. 5.5-inch QHD display
2. Fingerprint scanner
3. Android L
4. Quad-core MT6732 64-bit chip (1.5GHz) or Octa-core MT6752 SoC (2.0GHz)
5. 3GB+ of RAM
As for Android L, it has been unveiled on June 25, 2014, but it has yet to be officially launched. A lot of people are also speculating about it, particularly its name. After Android 4.4.x "KitKat," could the Android L be named Android 4.5 x "Lollipop," "Licorice" or "Leche Flan?" It could very well be "Lime Pie," "Lemon Cake" or "Ladyfingers" too! Whatever name is chosen to represent the newest version of Android, surely it will sound sweet to us.
According to the Android L Developer Preview, it will support material design apps. It will have a new material theme (Users can choose between the Dark Material theme or Light Material theme), two new widgets (the RecyclerView widget and the CardView widget) for complex views, new Application Programming Interface (APIs) including drawable tinting and a color extraction library for customized animations and shadows. Plus, it will have enhanced notifications, Project Volta to maximize battery use and Android Runtime (ART). Click HERE to see the Android L Developer Preview.
After unveiling the Android L, Android Wear and Android TV, Android fans are waiting for the new Google Nexus update. Because the Google Nexus 4 (Codename: Mako) was released on Nov. 13, 2012 and the Google Nexus 5 (Codename: Hammerhead) was released on Oct. 31, 2013, the Google Nexus 6 smartphone may be released in October or November 2014! What will be its codename? Probably, it will be named after a shark, too. Could it be called the "Great White," "Requiem," "Bramble," "Goblin," "Bullhead," "Reef," "Thresher" or "Wobbegong," which are different kinds of sharks? Guess we'll have to keep an eye out for a suspicious sounding shark name suddenly being popular as October or November 2014 approaches.
That's it for the Google Nexus 6 release date and specs speculations. If predictions are true and this smartphone may be released in October or November 2014, then it will be a happy Christmas for Google and Android fans. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about Google Nexus and other news about technology, finance, business, entertainment, health and sports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- PS4 Teasers: New Tech, ‘Battlefield Hardline’ And ‘Game of Thrones’ Come To PlayStation Experience
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change