Google Nexus 6 Release Date and Specs Speculations: Smartphone May Be Released in October or November 2014 – Report
By Janice Somosot | July 23, 2014 6:47 PM EST
The Google Nexus 6 smartphone may be released in October or November 2014! This is according to a report from Know Your Mobile. The expected release of the much anticipated Google smartphone is predicted to coincide with the launch of the Android L in fourth quarter (Q4) of 2014. Read on to learn more about the Google Nexus 6 release date and specs speculations.
A Google search page is reflected in sunglasses in this photo illustration taken in Brussels May 30, 2014.
There have been a lot of speculations about the Google Nexus 6 smartphone specifications (specs). Below is a list of it.
1. 5.5-inch QHD display
2. Fingerprint scanner
3. Android L
4. Quad-core MT6732 64-bit chip (1.5GHz) or Octa-core MT6752 SoC (2.0GHz)
5. 3GB+ of RAM
As for Android L, it has been unveiled on June 25, 2014, but it has yet to be officially launched. A lot of people are also speculating about it, particularly its name. After Android 4.4.x "KitKat," could the Android L be named Android 4.5 x "Lollipop," "Licorice" or "Leche Flan?" It could very well be "Lime Pie," "Lemon Cake" or "Ladyfingers" too! Whatever name is chosen to represent the newest version of Android, surely it will sound sweet to us.
According to the Android L Developer Preview, it will support material design apps. It will have a new material theme (Users can choose between the Dark Material theme or Light Material theme), two new widgets (the RecyclerView widget and the CardView widget) for complex views, new Application Programming Interface (APIs) including drawable tinting and a color extraction library for customized animations and shadows. Plus, it will have enhanced notifications, Project Volta to maximize battery use and Android Runtime (ART). Click HERE to see the Android L Developer Preview.
After unveiling the Android L, Android Wear and Android TV, Android fans are waiting for the new Google Nexus update. Because the Google Nexus 4 (Codename: Mako) was released on Nov. 13, 2012 and the Google Nexus 5 (Codename: Hammerhead) was released on Oct. 31, 2013, the Google Nexus 6 smartphone may be released in October or November 2014! What will be its codename? Probably, it will be named after a shark, too. Could it be called the "Great White," "Requiem," "Bramble," "Goblin," "Bullhead," "Reef," "Thresher" or "Wobbegong," which are different kinds of sharks? Guess we'll have to keep an eye out for a suspicious sounding shark name suddenly being popular as October or November 2014 approaches.
That's it for the Google Nexus 6 release date and specs speculations. If predictions are true and this smartphone may be released in October or November 2014, then it will be a happy Christmas for Google and Android fans. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about Google Nexus and other news about technology, finance, business, entertainment, health and sports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight