Google Nexus 6 Release Date and Specs Speculations: Smartphone May Be Released in October or November 2014 – Report
By Janice Somosot | July 23, 2014 6:47 PM EST
The Google Nexus 6 smartphone may be released in October or November 2014! This is according to a report from Know Your Mobile. The expected release of the much anticipated Google smartphone is predicted to coincide with the launch of the Android L in fourth quarter (Q4) of 2014. Read on to learn more about the Google Nexus 6 release date and specs speculations.
A Google search page is reflected in sunglasses in this photo illustration taken in Brussels May 30, 2014.
There have been a lot of speculations about the Google Nexus 6 smartphone specifications (specs). Below is a list of it.
1. 5.5-inch QHD display
2. Fingerprint scanner
3. Android L
4. Quad-core MT6732 64-bit chip (1.5GHz) or Octa-core MT6752 SoC (2.0GHz)
5. 3GB+ of RAM
As for Android L, it has been unveiled on June 25, 2014, but it has yet to be officially launched. A lot of people are also speculating about it, particularly its name. After Android 4.4.x "KitKat," could the Android L be named Android 4.5 x "Lollipop," "Licorice" or "Leche Flan?" It could very well be "Lime Pie," "Lemon Cake" or "Ladyfingers" too! Whatever name is chosen to represent the newest version of Android, surely it will sound sweet to us.
According to the Android L Developer Preview, it will support material design apps. It will have a new material theme (Users can choose between the Dark Material theme or Light Material theme), two new widgets (the RecyclerView widget and the CardView widget) for complex views, new Application Programming Interface (APIs) including drawable tinting and a color extraction library for customized animations and shadows. Plus, it will have enhanced notifications, Project Volta to maximize battery use and Android Runtime (ART). Click HERE to see the Android L Developer Preview.
After unveiling the Android L, Android Wear and Android TV, Android fans are waiting for the new Google Nexus update. Because the Google Nexus 4 (Codename: Mako) was released on Nov. 13, 2012 and the Google Nexus 5 (Codename: Hammerhead) was released on Oct. 31, 2013, the Google Nexus 6 smartphone may be released in October or November 2014! What will be its codename? Probably, it will be named after a shark, too. Could it be called the "Great White," "Requiem," "Bramble," "Goblin," "Bullhead," "Reef," "Thresher" or "Wobbegong," which are different kinds of sharks? Guess we'll have to keep an eye out for a suspicious sounding shark name suddenly being popular as October or November 2014 approaches.
That's it for the Google Nexus 6 release date and specs speculations. If predictions are true and this smartphone may be released in October or November 2014, then it will be a happy Christmas for Google and Android fans. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about Google Nexus and other news about technology, finance, business, entertainment, health and sports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown