Google Nexus 6 Release Date and Specs Speculations: Smartphone May Be Released in October or November 2014 – Report
By Janice Somosot | July 23, 2014 6:47 PM EST
The Google Nexus 6 smartphone may be released in October or November 2014! This is according to a report from Know Your Mobile. The expected release of the much anticipated Google smartphone is predicted to coincide with the launch of the Android L in fourth quarter (Q4) of 2014. Read on to learn more about the Google Nexus 6 release date and specs speculations.
A Google search page is reflected in sunglasses in this photo illustration taken in Brussels May 30, 2014.
There have been a lot of speculations about the Google Nexus 6 smartphone specifications (specs). Below is a list of it.
1. 5.5-inch QHD display
2. Fingerprint scanner
3. Android L
4. Quad-core MT6732 64-bit chip (1.5GHz) or Octa-core MT6752 SoC (2.0GHz)
5. 3GB+ of RAM
As for Android L, it has been unveiled on June 25, 2014, but it has yet to be officially launched. A lot of people are also speculating about it, particularly its name. After Android 4.4.x "KitKat," could the Android L be named Android 4.5 x "Lollipop," "Licorice" or "Leche Flan?" It could very well be "Lime Pie," "Lemon Cake" or "Ladyfingers" too! Whatever name is chosen to represent the newest version of Android, surely it will sound sweet to us.
According to the Android L Developer Preview, it will support material design apps. It will have a new material theme (Users can choose between the Dark Material theme or Light Material theme), two new widgets (the RecyclerView widget and the CardView widget) for complex views, new Application Programming Interface (APIs) including drawable tinting and a color extraction library for customized animations and shadows. Plus, it will have enhanced notifications, Project Volta to maximize battery use and Android Runtime (ART). Click HERE to see the Android L Developer Preview.
After unveiling the Android L, Android Wear and Android TV, Android fans are waiting for the new Google Nexus update. Because the Google Nexus 4 (Codename: Mako) was released on Nov. 13, 2012 and the Google Nexus 5 (Codename: Hammerhead) was released on Oct. 31, 2013, the Google Nexus 6 smartphone may be released in October or November 2014! What will be its codename? Probably, it will be named after a shark, too. Could it be called the "Great White," "Requiem," "Bramble," "Goblin," "Bullhead," "Reef," "Thresher" or "Wobbegong," which are different kinds of sharks? Guess we'll have to keep an eye out for a suspicious sounding shark name suddenly being popular as October or November 2014 approaches.
That's it for the Google Nexus 6 release date and specs speculations. If predictions are true and this smartphone may be released in October or November 2014, then it will be a happy Christmas for Google and Android fans. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about Google Nexus and other news about technology, finance, business, entertainment, health and sports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible---Report
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks