Reign Season 2 Spoilers: Francis and Mary on the Throne as France Burns, Premiere Date Revealed
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 23, 2014 6:09 PM EST
"Reign" is set to return for Season 2 on October 02, 2014. This period drama, which debuted last year, will return with an episode titled "Plague."
The season 1 of "Reign" ended with Francis galloping away on his horse to be there for Lola while she is going through a difficult childbirth. He decided to go despite Mary's plea to not go, as the plague was fast spreading across the country. Mary ordered the lowering of the gates once Francis crossed the castle's gates.
The synopsis of Season 2 indicates that Francis will return and will be crowned as the King of Francis and Mary will be the queen. In Season 1 finale, King Henry of France succumbed to the fatal injury intentionally caused by Francis during jousting. It is not yet confirmed whether Francis will return to the castle with Lola and his newborn child. However, the synopsis of the new season indicates that Francis will be taking over as the King of France at a time when his country is burning. Also, he and his countrymen will have to deal with the after-effects of the deadly plague.
Meanwhile, new factors and elements will surface to tear-apart the marriage and commitment of Mary and Francis. The synopsis warns that loved ones will be murdered and betrayal will be an integral part of the new season, as friendships will be tested.
The first season featured the storyline of the Darkness that was living in the woods. Bash killed this darkness, who was not a mythical creature but a human who was sacrificing people to stop the plague, in season one finale to protect Kenna and a young boy called Pascal. However, the death of this darkness is not the end of supernatural storyline in "Reign," as the new season will bring-up the talk of new monsters and mythical creatures. The new season is set to feature a new kind of cruelty.
Official Synopsis of "Reign" Season 2:
"The second season begins with Mary and Francis on the throne of a nation burning. France is rocked by the aftereffects of the plague -- a disease that creeps inside the castle walls, taking thousands upon thousands of lives across the land, and ravages the stability of a nation. From the ashes, powerful lords will rise, carrying out personal, religious and political vendettas, taking lives, and tearing at Mary and Francis's commitment to each other, and their people. Friendships will be tested, loved ones murdered and betrayed. Meanwhile, a mysterious and deadly threat snatches victims from village streets and castle corridors; leaving evidence of savagery that looks like the work of monsters; mythical creatures who are the subject of nightmares, but who walk among us, doing the Devil's bidding."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up