Reign Season 2 Spoilers: Francis and Mary on the Throne as France Burns, Premiere Date Revealed
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 23, 2014 6:09 PM EST
"Reign" is set to return for Season 2 on October 02, 2014. This period drama, which debuted last year, will return with an episode titled "Plague."
The season 1 of "Reign" ended with Francis galloping away on his horse to be there for Lola while she is going through a difficult childbirth. He decided to go despite Mary's plea to not go, as the plague was fast spreading across the country. Mary ordered the lowering of the gates once Francis crossed the castle's gates.
The synopsis of Season 2 indicates that Francis will return and will be crowned as the King of Francis and Mary will be the queen. In Season 1 finale, King Henry of France succumbed to the fatal injury intentionally caused by Francis during jousting. It is not yet confirmed whether Francis will return to the castle with Lola and his newborn child. However, the synopsis of the new season indicates that Francis will be taking over as the King of France at a time when his country is burning. Also, he and his countrymen will have to deal with the after-effects of the deadly plague.
Meanwhile, new factors and elements will surface to tear-apart the marriage and commitment of Mary and Francis. The synopsis warns that loved ones will be murdered and betrayal will be an integral part of the new season, as friendships will be tested.
The first season featured the storyline of the Darkness that was living in the woods. Bash killed this darkness, who was not a mythical creature but a human who was sacrificing people to stop the plague, in season one finale to protect Kenna and a young boy called Pascal. However, the death of this darkness is not the end of supernatural storyline in "Reign," as the new season will bring-up the talk of new monsters and mythical creatures. The new season is set to feature a new kind of cruelty.
Official Synopsis of "Reign" Season 2:
"The second season begins with Mary and Francis on the throne of a nation burning. France is rocked by the aftereffects of the plague -- a disease that creeps inside the castle walls, taking thousands upon thousands of lives across the land, and ravages the stability of a nation. From the ashes, powerful lords will rise, carrying out personal, religious and political vendettas, taking lives, and tearing at Mary and Francis's commitment to each other, and their people. Friendships will be tested, loved ones murdered and betrayed. Meanwhile, a mysterious and deadly threat snatches victims from village streets and castle corridors; leaving evidence of savagery that looks like the work of monsters; mythical creatures who are the subject of nightmares, but who walk among us, doing the Devil's bidding."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft