5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
By Karen Wong | July 23, 2014 5:41 PM EST
A worker climbs outside an Apple store in Hong Kong April 10, 2013.
Both iPhone 6 variants are said to have an increase in their resolution—at least 3 times pixel display at 416-p density for the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and a 365-p density for the larger iPhone 6, MacRumors reports.
Rumoured and confirmed specs and features are going viral for iPhone 6's 4.7- and 5.5-inch displays. Comparisons between the two upcoming iPhone 6 details include:
Security analyst Ming-Chi Kuo states, via an investor note, that the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 will be launched early next year or may launch in a limited number "after mid-fourth quarter" (mid-November), because of production problems. Kou also states the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will be launched earlier than the larger iPhone 6, around fall this year, Apple Insider reports.
While there are lots of rumours about whether the larger iPhone 6 will be launched later or together with the 4.7-inch iPhone 6,
Meanwhile, TechRadar reports both the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 will most likely to be launched at the same time this fall.
Reports have also stated Foxconn and Pegatron Corp are readying for Apple's 4.7-inch iPhone 6 which will commence production on the third week of July. The two Apple suppliers are also reportedly making plans for the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 which will start production on the second week of August.
Although availability of Apple's iPhone 6 is neither confirmed nor denied, but history suggests a September launch date, CNET reports.
Expect a high price when buying an Apple product. According to GSM Insider, based on a flyer which photo was taken by a Weibo user, the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will most likely be priced for RMB¥5,288 or about AU$900 and the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 to be RMB¥6,288 or about AU$1100.
It shows a thousand RMB difference, or more than a AU$150 difference, from the smaller iPhone 6 to the larger iPhone 6, though Apple hasn't confirmed this yet.
Specs and Features
While both are said to be thinner and slimmer, the larger iPhone 6 is more expensive for a reason. Not only does it have a larger display, but also will most likely feature some specifications that will not be available on the smaller iPhone 6, as per rumours circulating online.
Rumours collected by MacRumors reports the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 will include optical image stabilisation feature that reduces blur caused by camera shake. It was also stated that the larger iPhone 6 could be the only model to obtain the possible LCD backlight, 128 GB storage and sapphire crystal display. Meanwhile, according to this Apple Insider report, the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will reportedly include the "middle-mount open-loop voice coil motor" feature that controls camera movement.
Touch ID fingerprint sensor could make a comeback on both iPhone 6 models and may also support the 802.11ac Wi-Fi standards.
Readers should keep in mind though that rumours on details about the upcoming iPhone 6 could change or be updated at any time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage