5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
By Karen Wong | July 23, 2014 5:41 PM EST
A worker climbs outside an Apple store in Hong Kong April 10, 2013.
Both iPhone 6 variants are said to have an increase in their resolution—at least 3 times pixel display at 416-p density for the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and a 365-p density for the larger iPhone 6, MacRumors reports.
Rumoured and confirmed specs and features are going viral for iPhone 6's 4.7- and 5.5-inch displays. Comparisons between the two upcoming iPhone 6 details include:
Security analyst Ming-Chi Kuo states, via an investor note, that the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 will be launched early next year or may launch in a limited number "after mid-fourth quarter" (mid-November), because of production problems. Kou also states the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will be launched earlier than the larger iPhone 6, around fall this year, Apple Insider reports.
While there are lots of rumours about whether the larger iPhone 6 will be launched later or together with the 4.7-inch iPhone 6,
Meanwhile, TechRadar reports both the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 will most likely to be launched at the same time this fall.
Reports have also stated Foxconn and Pegatron Corp are readying for Apple's 4.7-inch iPhone 6 which will commence production on the third week of July. The two Apple suppliers are also reportedly making plans for the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 which will start production on the second week of August.
Although availability of Apple's iPhone 6 is neither confirmed nor denied, but history suggests a September launch date, CNET reports.
Expect a high price when buying an Apple product. According to GSM Insider, based on a flyer which photo was taken by a Weibo user, the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will most likely be priced for RMB¥5,288 or about AU$900 and the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 to be RMB¥6,288 or about AU$1100.
It shows a thousand RMB difference, or more than a AU$150 difference, from the smaller iPhone 6 to the larger iPhone 6, though Apple hasn't confirmed this yet.
Specs and Features
While both are said to be thinner and slimmer, the larger iPhone 6 is more expensive for a reason. Not only does it have a larger display, but also will most likely feature some specifications that will not be available on the smaller iPhone 6, as per rumours circulating online.
Rumours collected by MacRumors reports the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 will include optical image stabilisation feature that reduces blur caused by camera shake. It was also stated that the larger iPhone 6 could be the only model to obtain the possible LCD backlight, 128 GB storage and sapphire crystal display. Meanwhile, according to this Apple Insider report, the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will reportedly include the "middle-mount open-loop voice coil motor" feature that controls camera movement.
Touch ID fingerprint sensor could make a comeback on both iPhone 6 models and may also support the 802.11ac Wi-Fi standards.
Readers should keep in mind though that rumours on details about the upcoming iPhone 6 could change or be updated at any time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation