5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
By Karen Wong | July 23, 2014 5:41 PM EST
A worker climbs outside an Apple store in Hong Kong April 10, 2013.
Both iPhone 6 variants are said to have an increase in their resolution—at least 3 times pixel display at 416-p density for the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and a 365-p density for the larger iPhone 6, MacRumors reports.
Rumoured and confirmed specs and features are going viral for iPhone 6's 4.7- and 5.5-inch displays. Comparisons between the two upcoming iPhone 6 details include:
Security analyst Ming-Chi Kuo states, via an investor note, that the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 will be launched early next year or may launch in a limited number "after mid-fourth quarter" (mid-November), because of production problems. Kou also states the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will be launched earlier than the larger iPhone 6, around fall this year, Apple Insider reports.
While there are lots of rumours about whether the larger iPhone 6 will be launched later or together with the 4.7-inch iPhone 6,
Meanwhile, TechRadar reports both the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 will most likely to be launched at the same time this fall.
Reports have also stated Foxconn and Pegatron Corp are readying for Apple's 4.7-inch iPhone 6 which will commence production on the third week of July. The two Apple suppliers are also reportedly making plans for the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 which will start production on the second week of August.
Although availability of Apple's iPhone 6 is neither confirmed nor denied, but history suggests a September launch date, CNET reports.
Expect a high price when buying an Apple product. According to GSM Insider, based on a flyer which photo was taken by a Weibo user, the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will most likely be priced for RMB¥5,288 or about AU$900 and the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 to be RMB¥6,288 or about AU$1100.
It shows a thousand RMB difference, or more than a AU$150 difference, from the smaller iPhone 6 to the larger iPhone 6, though Apple hasn't confirmed this yet.
Specs and Features
While both are said to be thinner and slimmer, the larger iPhone 6 is more expensive for a reason. Not only does it have a larger display, but also will most likely feature some specifications that will not be available on the smaller iPhone 6, as per rumours circulating online.
Rumours collected by MacRumors reports the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 will include optical image stabilisation feature that reduces blur caused by camera shake. It was also stated that the larger iPhone 6 could be the only model to obtain the possible LCD backlight, 128 GB storage and sapphire crystal display. Meanwhile, according to this Apple Insider report, the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will reportedly include the "middle-mount open-loop voice coil motor" feature that controls camera movement.
Touch ID fingerprint sensor could make a comeback on both iPhone 6 models and may also support the 802.11ac Wi-Fi standards.
Readers should keep in mind though that rumours on details about the upcoming iPhone 6 could change or be updated at any time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports