Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: Premiere Episode Title Revealed, EP Julie Plec Talks about Coping Mechanisms of Elena and Stefan
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 23, 2014 5:15 PM EST
The premiere episode title for "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 has been revealed and it will remind the cast members as well as the viewers of the heartbreaking events that happened in the Season 5 finale. With the time jump playing an important role, executive producer Julie Plec also talked about the coping mechanisms of Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) in the beginning of the new season.
Actress Nina Dobrev arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
Maisie Williams: Game of Thrones Actress Denied from British Airways Lounge, Express Frustration on Twitter
According to the Wet Paint report, "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 premiere episode will be titled "I'll Remember" which suits the time jump that executive producer Julie Plec teased. The episode title refers to the deaths of Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) when the Other Side collapsed in the Season 5 finale and how the tragic event still affects the people who love them like Elena and Stefan.
Executive producer Julie Plec teased about Elena's state in the TV Line interview. Fans can recall how devastated Elena was when she found out that Damon is gone. According to Plec, Elena will be trying to move on but she may not be really successful in doing so.
"She's got some complicated coping mechanisms that are making her be things and do things and act in ways that we wouldn't normally expect from her," Plec explained. The executive producer further discussed in detail the capability of Elena to move on in the TV Guide interview.
"What happened to her is that in spite of losing her parents and her brother, her aunt, her friends again and again, she lost the person she singularly believed to be the man she was going to spend all of eternity with," Plec teased. From there, Julie Plec teased that how Elena moves on from that pain and grief will be interesting to watch in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6.
As for Stefan, Julie Plec teased that the younger Salvatore vampire will connect with ex-girlfriend Elena when it comes to dealing with the fact that they lost someone special. Plec further added that fans will see Stefan and Elena's friendship become deep, strong and healthy despite of their coping methods while dealing with Damon's death.
The Epoch Times report noted down Julie Plec's tease about Stefan when "The Vampire Diaries" returns with Season 6. Plec admitted there are a million reactions that Stefan could do after finding out about what happened to his brother on the Other Side.
According to Plec, Stefan could turn light, dark, become pure or even lose his mind while dealing with his loss in the new season. "So what he ultimately ends up doing will be an interesting reflection on his state of mind at the moment - and very fun for Paul [Wesley] to play," Plec shared.
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 will premiere on Thursday night, Oct 2, at 8 pm ET/PT on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: 4 New Mystic Falls Characters to be Introduced in Upcoming New Season - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine