Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: Premiere Episode Title Revealed, EP Julie Plec Talks about Coping Mechanisms of Elena and Stefan
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 23, 2014 5:15 PM EST
The premiere episode title for "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 has been revealed and it will remind the cast members as well as the viewers of the heartbreaking events that happened in the Season 5 finale. With the time jump playing an important role, executive producer Julie Plec also talked about the coping mechanisms of Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) in the beginning of the new season.
Actress Nina Dobrev arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
Maisie Williams: Game of Thrones Actress Denied from British Airways Lounge, Express Frustration on Twitter
According to the Wet Paint report, "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 premiere episode will be titled "I'll Remember" which suits the time jump that executive producer Julie Plec teased. The episode title refers to the deaths of Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) when the Other Side collapsed in the Season 5 finale and how the tragic event still affects the people who love them like Elena and Stefan.
Executive producer Julie Plec teased about Elena's state in the TV Line interview. Fans can recall how devastated Elena was when she found out that Damon is gone. According to Plec, Elena will be trying to move on but she may not be really successful in doing so.
"She's got some complicated coping mechanisms that are making her be things and do things and act in ways that we wouldn't normally expect from her," Plec explained. The executive producer further discussed in detail the capability of Elena to move on in the TV Guide interview.
"What happened to her is that in spite of losing her parents and her brother, her aunt, her friends again and again, she lost the person she singularly believed to be the man she was going to spend all of eternity with," Plec teased. From there, Julie Plec teased that how Elena moves on from that pain and grief will be interesting to watch in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6.
As for Stefan, Julie Plec teased that the younger Salvatore vampire will connect with ex-girlfriend Elena when it comes to dealing with the fact that they lost someone special. Plec further added that fans will see Stefan and Elena's friendship become deep, strong and healthy despite of their coping methods while dealing with Damon's death.
The Epoch Times report noted down Julie Plec's tease about Stefan when "The Vampire Diaries" returns with Season 6. Plec admitted there are a million reactions that Stefan could do after finding out about what happened to his brother on the Other Side.
According to Plec, Stefan could turn light, dark, become pure or even lose his mind while dealing with his loss in the new season. "So what he ultimately ends up doing will be an interesting reflection on his state of mind at the moment - and very fun for Paul [Wesley] to play," Plec shared.
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 will premiere on Thursday night, Oct 2, at 8 pm ET/PT on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: 4 New Mystic Falls Characters to be Introduced in Upcoming New Season - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic's Beckett To See Nathan Fillion's Rick 'On A Sugar Rush' Again [REVIEW]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery