Charlie Hunnam As Christian Grey Bonus in DVD Copy Of Fifty Shades Of Grey, Actor Excited
By Tanya Diente | July 23, 2014 5:06 PM EST
Readers who enjoyed E.L. James' erotic novel "50 Shades of Grey" were ecstatic when news spread of a movie adaptation of the book. Now, they can't wait to watch the movie which is slated for a U.S. release on Feb. 15, 2015. Among those who are excited for the film is "Sons of Anarchy" star Charlie Hunnam, who said he's okay with the idea of including his audition tape as a bonus in the DVD copy of the movie.
Cast member Charlie Hunnam of the drama series "Sons of Anarchy" shakes his juice as he participates in a panel discussion during FX Networks' portion of the 2014 Television Critics Association Cable Summer Press Tour in Beverly Hills, California July 21, 2014.
Charlie Hunnam is not one to miss "50 Shades of Grey" when it comes out on theatres. Vancouver Sun reported that while speaking at a Fox event for the Television Critics Association press tour on July 21, Hunnam told reporters he is excited and curious to watch the erotic film.
"I'm just really excited to see it. I was just really, really invested and wanted to work with [director] Sam [Taylor-Johnson] and play that character," he said.
In case fans are curious on what Charlie Hunnam could have been like as Christian Grey, the actor said he would be willing to have his audition tape as a bonus in the DVD copy of "50 Shades of Grey."
Charlie Hunnam's exit after he was cast for the role of Christian Grey in "50 Shades of Grey" was a big surprise for his fans. The actor has already made quite a following due, in part, of his role as Jackson Teller in "Sons of Anarchy" and the idea of Hunnam in an erotic movie was not one to pass. However, the actor backed out at the last minute just long enough to whet fans' appetite.
Hunnam's busy schedule with "Sons of Anarchy" caused him to back out in "50 Shades of Grey." Universal Pictures and Focus Features had released a joint statement claiming his "immersive TV schedule" did not provide him ample time to prepare for his role as Christian Grey.
On a previous interview, Charlie Hunnam claimed the exit was "pretty heartbreaking."
"I don't think people have had unchaperoned access to me since all of this went on... the CliffsNotes were exactly what we said. I couldn't do it because of [the] schedule. It was as simple as that," he'd said.
After his exit, Jamie Dornan was announced as the new Christian Grey.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage