Charlie Hunnam As Christian Grey Bonus in DVD Copy Of Fifty Shades Of Grey, Actor Excited
By Tanya Diente | July 23, 2014 5:06 PM EST
Readers who enjoyed E.L. James' erotic novel "50 Shades of Grey" were ecstatic when news spread of a movie adaptation of the book. Now, they can't wait to watch the movie which is slated for a U.S. release on Feb. 15, 2015. Among those who are excited for the film is "Sons of Anarchy" star Charlie Hunnam, who said he's okay with the idea of including his audition tape as a bonus in the DVD copy of the movie.
Cast member Charlie Hunnam of the drama series "Sons of Anarchy" shakes his juice as he participates in a panel discussion during FX Networks' portion of the 2014 Television Critics Association Cable Summer Press Tour in Beverly Hills, California July 21, 2014.
Charlie Hunnam is not one to miss "50 Shades of Grey" when it comes out on theatres. Vancouver Sun reported that while speaking at a Fox event for the Television Critics Association press tour on July 21, Hunnam told reporters he is excited and curious to watch the erotic film.
"I'm just really excited to see it. I was just really, really invested and wanted to work with [director] Sam [Taylor-Johnson] and play that character," he said.
In case fans are curious on what Charlie Hunnam could have been like as Christian Grey, the actor said he would be willing to have his audition tape as a bonus in the DVD copy of "50 Shades of Grey."
Charlie Hunnam's exit after he was cast for the role of Christian Grey in "50 Shades of Grey" was a big surprise for his fans. The actor has already made quite a following due, in part, of his role as Jackson Teller in "Sons of Anarchy" and the idea of Hunnam in an erotic movie was not one to pass. However, the actor backed out at the last minute just long enough to whet fans' appetite.
Hunnam's busy schedule with "Sons of Anarchy" caused him to back out in "50 Shades of Grey." Universal Pictures and Focus Features had released a joint statement claiming his "immersive TV schedule" did not provide him ample time to prepare for his role as Christian Grey.
On a previous interview, Charlie Hunnam claimed the exit was "pretty heartbreaking."
"I don't think people have had unchaperoned access to me since all of this went on... the CliffsNotes were exactly what we said. I couldn't do it because of [the] schedule. It was as simple as that," he'd said.
After his exit, Jamie Dornan was announced as the new Christian Grey.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown