Charlie Hunnam As Christian Grey Bonus in DVD Copy Of Fifty Shades Of Grey, Actor Excited
By Tanya Diente | July 23, 2014 5:06 PM EST
Readers who enjoyed E.L. James' erotic novel "50 Shades of Grey" were ecstatic when news spread of a movie adaptation of the book. Now, they can't wait to watch the movie which is slated for a U.S. release on Feb. 15, 2015. Among those who are excited for the film is "Sons of Anarchy" star Charlie Hunnam, who said he's okay with the idea of including his audition tape as a bonus in the DVD copy of the movie.
Cast member Charlie Hunnam of the drama series "Sons of Anarchy" shakes his juice as he participates in a panel discussion during FX Networks' portion of the 2014 Television Critics Association Cable Summer Press Tour in Beverly Hills, California July 21, 2014.
Charlie Hunnam is not one to miss "50 Shades of Grey" when it comes out on theatres. Vancouver Sun reported that while speaking at a Fox event for the Television Critics Association press tour on July 21, Hunnam told reporters he is excited and curious to watch the erotic film.
"I'm just really excited to see it. I was just really, really invested and wanted to work with [director] Sam [Taylor-Johnson] and play that character," he said.
In case fans are curious on what Charlie Hunnam could have been like as Christian Grey, the actor said he would be willing to have his audition tape as a bonus in the DVD copy of "50 Shades of Grey."
Charlie Hunnam's exit after he was cast for the role of Christian Grey in "50 Shades of Grey" was a big surprise for his fans. The actor has already made quite a following due, in part, of his role as Jackson Teller in "Sons of Anarchy" and the idea of Hunnam in an erotic movie was not one to pass. However, the actor backed out at the last minute just long enough to whet fans' appetite.
Hunnam's busy schedule with "Sons of Anarchy" caused him to back out in "50 Shades of Grey." Universal Pictures and Focus Features had released a joint statement claiming his "immersive TV schedule" did not provide him ample time to prepare for his role as Christian Grey.
On a previous interview, Charlie Hunnam claimed the exit was "pretty heartbreaking."
"I don't think people have had unchaperoned access to me since all of this went on... the CliffsNotes were exactly what we said. I couldn't do it because of [the] schedule. It was as simple as that," he'd said.
After his exit, Jamie Dornan was announced as the new Christian Grey.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery