Charlie Hunnam As Christian Grey Bonus in DVD Copy Of Fifty Shades Of Grey, Actor Excited
By Tanya Diente | July 23, 2014 5:06 PM EST
Readers who enjoyed E.L. James' erotic novel "50 Shades of Grey" were ecstatic when news spread of a movie adaptation of the book. Now, they can't wait to watch the movie which is slated for a U.S. release on Feb. 15, 2015. Among those who are excited for the film is "Sons of Anarchy" star Charlie Hunnam, who said he's okay with the idea of including his audition tape as a bonus in the DVD copy of the movie.
Cast member Charlie Hunnam of the drama series "Sons of Anarchy" shakes his juice as he participates in a panel discussion during FX Networks' portion of the 2014 Television Critics Association Cable Summer Press Tour in Beverly Hills, California July 21, 2014.
Charlie Hunnam is not one to miss "50 Shades of Grey" when it comes out on theatres. Vancouver Sun reported that while speaking at a Fox event for the Television Critics Association press tour on July 21, Hunnam told reporters he is excited and curious to watch the erotic film.
"I'm just really excited to see it. I was just really, really invested and wanted to work with [director] Sam [Taylor-Johnson] and play that character," he said.
In case fans are curious on what Charlie Hunnam could have been like as Christian Grey, the actor said he would be willing to have his audition tape as a bonus in the DVD copy of "50 Shades of Grey."
Charlie Hunnam's exit after he was cast for the role of Christian Grey in "50 Shades of Grey" was a big surprise for his fans. The actor has already made quite a following due, in part, of his role as Jackson Teller in "Sons of Anarchy" and the idea of Hunnam in an erotic movie was not one to pass. However, the actor backed out at the last minute just long enough to whet fans' appetite.
Hunnam's busy schedule with "Sons of Anarchy" caused him to back out in "50 Shades of Grey." Universal Pictures and Focus Features had released a joint statement claiming his "immersive TV schedule" did not provide him ample time to prepare for his role as Christian Grey.
On a previous interview, Charlie Hunnam claimed the exit was "pretty heartbreaking."
"I don't think people have had unchaperoned access to me since all of this went on... the CliffsNotes were exactly what we said. I couldn't do it because of [the] schedule. It was as simple as that," he'd said.
After his exit, Jamie Dornan was announced as the new Christian Grey.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]