Kate Middleton Wears Green Tea Dress To Celebrate Prince George's Birthday: Where To Get The Dress
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 23, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Kate Middleton has proven herself to be a real fashion icon when the dresses that she wears shoot off the racks within minutes from the publication of her photos. This happened on several occasions including on the announcement of her engagement to Prince William where she wore a blue dress that sold out within minutes from being revealed. This time around, for Prince George's first birthday, the Duchess of Cambridge was seen in official photos wearing a green flowy printed green dress which can be purchased by any Kate Middleton wannabe.
Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, carries her son Prince George alongside her husband Prince William as they visit the Sensational Butterflies exhibition at the Natural History Museum in London, July 2, 2014. Prince George celebrates his first birthday on July 22. Picture taken July 2, 2014.
Prince George celebrated his first birthday last Tuesday while enjoying the outdoors and playing with some butterflies with his parents. He was wearing a pair of denim overalls from Petit Bateau which have reportedly already sold out. His fashionable mom was wearing a tea dress worth £475 which is still available for sale.
The dress is forest green with white budding heart prints and is manufactured by British label Suzannah. Kate is known for patronizing local British brands in both casual and formal occasions. On her wedding, she wore a lace wedding dress designed by Alexander McQueen's Sarah Burton.
The shop's online store describes the dress to be inspired by a 1930's tea dress design which flatters many body types and figures. The heart print is described as retro and the design was executed unto the silk crepe de chine by the company's printers in Como, Italy but was tailor made in England.
The website further states that the dress lifts the bust apart from being generally flattering to the figure. The Duchess of course does not need much help in the department being fit and slender and an ideal ambassador for any dress.
Kate famously had a major mishap with another flowy dress when the wind blew the skirt up of her dress while alighting from a helicopter while on tour with Prince William and Prince George in Australia. This new flowy dress clears speculations that she had since been forbidden from wearing such flowy clothing that might risk further mishaps.
The website states that it requires four weeks lead time for orders of Kate's tea dress indicating that the orders might already be piling up.
Want the dress? You can get it at the Suzanah Online Store.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy