Kate Middleton Wears Green Tea Dress To Celebrate Prince George's Birthday: Where To Get The Dress
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 23, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Kate Middleton has proven herself to be a real fashion icon when the dresses that she wears shoot off the racks within minutes from the publication of her photos. This happened on several occasions including on the announcement of her engagement to Prince William where she wore a blue dress that sold out within minutes from being revealed. This time around, for Prince George's first birthday, the Duchess of Cambridge was seen in official photos wearing a green flowy printed green dress which can be purchased by any Kate Middleton wannabe.
Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, carries her son Prince George alongside her husband Prince William as they visit the Sensational Butterflies exhibition at the Natural History Museum in London, July 2, 2014. Prince George celebrates his first birthday on July 22. Picture taken July 2, 2014.
Prince George celebrated his first birthday last Tuesday while enjoying the outdoors and playing with some butterflies with his parents. He was wearing a pair of denim overalls from Petit Bateau which have reportedly already sold out. His fashionable mom was wearing a tea dress worth £475 which is still available for sale.
The dress is forest green with white budding heart prints and is manufactured by British label Suzannah. Kate is known for patronizing local British brands in both casual and formal occasions. On her wedding, she wore a lace wedding dress designed by Alexander McQueen's Sarah Burton.
The shop's online store describes the dress to be inspired by a 1930's tea dress design which flatters many body types and figures. The heart print is described as retro and the design was executed unto the silk crepe de chine by the company's printers in Como, Italy but was tailor made in England.
The website further states that the dress lifts the bust apart from being generally flattering to the figure. The Duchess of course does not need much help in the department being fit and slender and an ideal ambassador for any dress.
Kate famously had a major mishap with another flowy dress when the wind blew the skirt up of her dress while alighting from a helicopter while on tour with Prince William and Prince George in Australia. This new flowy dress clears speculations that she had since been forbidden from wearing such flowy clothing that might risk further mishaps.
The website states that it requires four weeks lead time for orders of Kate's tea dress indicating that the orders might already be piling up.
Want the dress? You can get it at the Suzanah Online Store.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate