Novak Djokovic vs. Rafael Nadal Finals Predicted at US Open; Serb Favourite To Win
By Lou Imperial | July 23, 2014 4:41 PM EST
Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal are the favorites to play each other in the finals of the US Open in Flushing Meadows, according to the latest odds on several sports betting bookmakers.
Novak Djokovic of Serbia celebrates after winning his men's singles match against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 1, 2014.
Djokovic has recently captured his second Wimbledon Open and first in 18 months after defeating Roger Federer in a thrilling five-set match in the finals at All-England Club. Not only did the Serb add another major title to his trophy haul, but he also recaptured the world's no.1 ranking he lost late last year.
With all the momentum going to his side, Nole is picked as the top contender to win the crown in Flushing Meadows. After two consecutive finals heartbreak against Andy Murray in 2012 and Nadal in 2013, Djokovic seems determined in ending his losing spell at the prestigious hard-court tournament.
Standing on his way to triumph will be Nadal, the reigning US Open champion. Despite his lackluster performance at the Wimbledon Open, the Spaniard is still among the favorites to go deeper into the tourney simply because of what he did a year ago when he racked up 22 consecutive wins on his way to bagging his second US Open crown.
According to the latest betting odds on Bwin, Djokovic (2.35) and Nadal (4.60) are the top two favorites to win the title, while Federer (6.00), Andy Murray (6.50) and Stanislas Wawrinka (10.0) round out the top-5.
Djokovic vs. Nadal Salvo
Djokovic emerges as the favourite to win this year's tournament because of the success he's currently having on the court under the tutelage of coach Boris Becker. After his reign at the Australian Open ended with a shocking loss to Wawrinka in the quarterfinals, Djokovic came back big time as he reached the finals of the French Open and bagged the Wimbledon crown.
Moreover, his recent weeding with longtime girlfriend Jelena Ristic and the news of being a father soon would pumped up the Serb even further to win his second US Open title.
Then, again the threat of Nadal will always be there throughout the tournament. After all, he proved last year how dominant he can be by winning the Rogers Cup, Cincinnati Masters and the US Open in consecutive weeks.
Good Prediction for Nole
Many analyst believe it's going to be Djokovic who will ultimately hoist the title this year. Nadal is certainly capable of defending his crown, but the Serbian onslaught is just getting started this year.
For more Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers