Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
By Ryan Inoyori | July 23, 2014 4:22 PM EST
Windows 8.1 Update 2 and Windows 9 are coming soon. Leaks have now revealed some important features giving enough reasons why users should upgrade from Windows XP or Windows 7.
New DirectX Version
DirectX 12 has been announced in March by Microsoft and NVIDIA at the Game Developers Conference 2014 or GDC. Microsoft's upcoming version of the graphics API intends to help game developers by delivering more efficiency.
According to the official blog site of NVIDIA, DirectX 12 was designed from scratch to provide the infrastructure for advanced applications as follows:
— It enables dramatic increase in visual richness.
— It allows direct management of resources and state related to drivers, OS and hardware.
— It performs necessary synchronisation.
These important features by DirectX 12 can let developers control and manage graphics card better for games and even take advantage of the entire behaviour found on games such as pixels and objects.
Why upgrade: DirectX 12 will soon be used by developers on upcoming game titles for PC.
The Start Menu
Microsoft removed the iconic Start menu from Windows 8. And although Windows 8.1 Update 1 restored the icon on its location, it only serves the Start Screen. According to CNET, Microsoft is planning to put the Start Menu back but not until the next major software release.
There are two upcoming Windows OS releases. And one of them may be rolled out by August 2014.
Windows 8.1 Update 2, which is probably the final major update for Windows 8, is expected to rollout on August 12. On the other hand, Windows 9, which may feature the classic Start menu, is likely to rollout on April 2015. However, a source disagrees with this date.
A leaked screenshot from myce displayed the intentional comeback plan of Microsoft for the Start menu.
1. Start Menu appears at the lower left corner of the screen similar to previous versions with multi-window feature.
2. Apps, such as Windows Store, are now under window mode just like Facebook or Chrome on Windows 8.
Why upgrade: Users will get the Start Menu with multi-window feature and all new smoothness from Windows 9. Several apps, programs and games are actually working normally on Windows 8 including Google Chrome, "TES V: Skyrim," "Dragon Age Origins" and "Dragon Age 2."
Sources from BGR claim Windows 9 may have a feature called "Windows Cloud" which is an operating system based in the cloud. It is expected to be available among users for free download. It offers similar looks of previous Windows Starter editions but functions as a basic OS when offline.
If a user intends to get more advanced features on Windows Cloud, a subscription would be required and constant Internet connection to use them.
Why upgrade: Windows Cloud may be practical for users with several computers, as it will allow them to use Windows OS without paying via the basic edition.
There are two release dates speculated for Windows 9. Some sources claim the new OS will be released on April 2015. However, according to popular Windows leakster WZor, Windows 9 is set for release by October 2014 and not April 2015. The Windows 9 RTM will be installed on new computers ready for shipment.
http://t.co/qCZy2Lzt7G hey men ~ Win 9 released in April 2015? No! No! No! ..WIN RTM-0 RELEASED SIGN-OFF DEALINE IN 21 OCTOBER 2014 :)
— WZor (@WZorNET) January 15, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy