Ray J Charged for Brushing Against a Woman’s Rear
By Sachin Trivedi | July 23, 2014 3:50 PM EST
Ray J, the actor and producer known for making a sex tape with former girlfriend Kim Kardashian, has reportedly been charged with four crimes. The charges include sexual battery for reportedly brushing against a woman's backside.
The incident took place at a bar in the Beverly Wilshire Hotel, Los Angeles California. According to a report by TMZ, the police consider the event to be "incidental" and not deliberate. The D.A however has a different assessment of the situation and is said to be charging him with sexual battery.
Ray J is said to have been under the influence of alcohol at the time of the incident. He was reportedly asked to leave the premises after he brushed against a woman's rear. He however reportedly argued with the staff later.
Ray J was reportedly let go by the police initially but later was arrested for his aggressive behavior with the staff and police. He reportedly broke the window of a police cruiser by kicking it after he was hand cuffed. He reportedly said that he did it because he was claustrophobic. Ray J was arrested for sexual battery, resisting arrest, assault and vandalism. It is still unclear what the possible maximum punishment can be for the charges.
Ray J is an actor/producer known for movies like "Mars Attacks," released in 1996 and "Steel," released in 1997. He has also played a role TV series like "Nite Tales: The Series" and "For the Love of Ray J," released in 2009.
Ray J's most recent TV series is "The Rickety Smiley Show." The show premiered in 2012 and is currently in its third season. The season 3 concluded recently with the finale airing on June 26, 2014. The show is produced by Bobbcat Films.
The official Twitter account of Ray J has a post with the hashtag #NeverShouldaDidThat. He also posted "Your mindset is the fountain and cornerstone for everything which happens in your life. #StayPositive #RJ #TKO"
The list of charges against Ray J will be confirmed at his arraignment, where the formal reading of charges against him will be read. Readers will also get an idea at the defense he will use if he chooses to fight the charges.
More Articles to Read
Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand [Read]
'Saddest Bear on Earth' Slowly Going Insane in Zoo [Read]
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Stan Lee Confirms a Cameo Role [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan