Ray J Charged for Brushing Against a Woman’s Rear
By Sachin Trivedi | July 23, 2014 3:50 PM EST
Ray J, the actor and producer known for making a sex tape with former girlfriend Kim Kardashian, has reportedly been charged with four crimes. The charges include sexual battery for reportedly brushing against a woman's backside.
The incident took place at a bar in the Beverly Wilshire Hotel, Los Angeles California. According to a report by TMZ, the police consider the event to be "incidental" and not deliberate. The D.A however has a different assessment of the situation and is said to be charging him with sexual battery.
Ray J is said to have been under the influence of alcohol at the time of the incident. He was reportedly asked to leave the premises after he brushed against a woman's rear. He however reportedly argued with the staff later.
Ray J was reportedly let go by the police initially but later was arrested for his aggressive behavior with the staff and police. He reportedly broke the window of a police cruiser by kicking it after he was hand cuffed. He reportedly said that he did it because he was claustrophobic. Ray J was arrested for sexual battery, resisting arrest, assault and vandalism. It is still unclear what the possible maximum punishment can be for the charges.
Ray J is an actor/producer known for movies like "Mars Attacks," released in 1996 and "Steel," released in 1997. He has also played a role TV series like "Nite Tales: The Series" and "For the Love of Ray J," released in 2009.
Ray J's most recent TV series is "The Rickety Smiley Show." The show premiered in 2012 and is currently in its third season. The season 3 concluded recently with the finale airing on June 26, 2014. The show is produced by Bobbcat Films.
The official Twitter account of Ray J has a post with the hashtag #NeverShouldaDidThat. He also posted "Your mindset is the fountain and cornerstone for everything which happens in your life. #StayPositive #RJ #TKO"
The list of charges against Ray J will be confirmed at his arraignment, where the formal reading of charges against him will be read. Readers will also get an idea at the defense he will use if he chooses to fight the charges.
More Articles to Read
Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand [Read]
'Saddest Bear on Earth' Slowly Going Insane in Zoo [Read]
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Stan Lee Confirms a Cameo Role [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate