Dual-Sim Variant Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos LTE Available For $899
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 23, 2014 1:55 PM EST
Samsung is on a roll this year with quite a bunch of devices released so far with Galaxy S5, Galaxy K Zoom, Galaxy Tab S and Galaxy S5 Mini leading the way. However, the Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos LTE with model number G9009D was released in April in selected markets like China. The good news is the Galaxy S5 Duos LTE will be released in international markets shortly.
Students walk out of Samsung Electronics' headquarters in Seoul July 7, 2014. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Tuesday said operating profit likely fell 24.5 percent in April-June, its lowest in two years due to slowing growth in the company's cash cow smartphone business and the strength of the South Korean won. Picture taken July 7, 2014.
The United Arab Emirates and Qatar are the first set of regions slated for release. Apparently, the Galaxy S5 Duos LTE handset has been spotted in various advertisements across magazines. The device has been launched recently with a price tag of AED 2,749 that roughly translates to US$748 and AU$797, according to GSM Arena.
The handset is expected to make a landfall in Poland as the next destination followed by other countries. When it comes to the U.S., Welectronics will be offering the handset for $899. The price is quite high owing to the fact that Galaxy S5 Duos was released in China for a relatively lower price of $850.
Nevertheless, the Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos with model number G9009D is akin to the international variant except for the slight difference in the weight of the device.
The specifications include a 5.1-inches Super AMOLED display with 1,080 x 1,920 pixels screen resolution and 432 ppi pixel density. The phone is powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) Krait 400 processor clocked at 2.5 GHz. The dual-sim variant runs on Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat) along with Samsung's TouchWiz UI. The phone houses 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB & 32 GB of internal storage capacity along with microSD card support for expansion up to 128 GB.
The device features a top-notch 16 MP rear-facing camera unit with LED flash and a 2 MP front-facing shooter. The camera supports simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch-focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization, and HDR.
In addition to supporting standard connectivity options like Bluetooth v4.0, 2G/3G/4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Wi-Fi hotspot, it also supports NFC and Infrared port. Furthermore, the handset houses a powerful Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery unit and wireless charging capability.
Other salient features include micro-sim support, dual-sim mode support along with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 display protection. Moreover, the Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos comes equipped with Fingerprint sensor (PayPal certified) and dust/water resistant exterior (IP67 certified).
1. Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More - [Read]
2. Samsung Galaxy S5's Road Trip With Ultra Power Saving Mode; Managed 3504 Miles Without Recharge - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates