Beyonce Not Divorcing with Jay-Z, Posts Sassy Picture Showing Love to Feminism Movement
By Annie Dee | July 23, 2014 12:53 PM EST
Beyonce posted a picture that's probably worth more than a thousand words: Feminism is alive and should be kept alive.
Beyonce and Jay-Z are the world's highest-paid celebrity couple, according to the latest ranking from Forbes. The couple earned a combined $95 million over the past year.
The Women Against Feminism is catching the ire of feminists everywhere, with Bustle and RYOT posting some really good arguments against this group that they call "woefully misinformed." However, Beyonce, a staunch supporter of the feminism movement, does not need to write a lengthy piece or do whatever to express her point that feminism as a movement is necessary and beneficial. MTV.com reports that Beyonce posted a single photo that says it all. The photo is just captioned with the simple statement of "We Can Do It." Simple as it is, it may be enough to motivate the few feminists who suddenly feel like all their hard work is going down the drain because of fellow women who believe their cause is moot point. After all, this is Beyonce!
Beyonce is hardly a newbie in the feminism movement. MTV.com claims that she's considered "an honorary Riot Grrrl by Bikini Kill's Kathleen Hanna and she contributed an essay to Maria Shriver's "The Shriver Report: A Woman's Nation Pushes Back from the Brink." The girl can sing, dance, pose and write for all the right causes. The "Run the World: (Girls)" singer is not going to just hand over the reins to boys just like that.
This is probably why rumors of her and her husband, Jay-Z divorcing does not faze her. She's not running around defending her marriage and need to have Jay-Z by her side, but she's also making sure people know that these rumors are just that...rumors. Fans of Beyonce and Jay-Z went a tad bit crazy when Page Six reported them divorcing. Good thing it seems like a bogus report.
According to Page Six, "They are trying to figure out a way to split without divorcing ... This is a huge concert tour and they've already gotten most of the money from the promoters up front," a supposed source told Page Six. Adding: "For just a split moment, things got real for them and she was even talking about adding to the family. But, after a while, Jay was out doing Jay and Bey was out doing Bey. They made the classic mistake of thinking a child would change everything and help to rekindle the initial fire, and it didn't."
"Despite the tens of millions [of dollars] the couple will pocket from the current tour, this will certainly be their last and the end of the tour could officially spell the end of the marriage," the source even detailed.
Beyonce's reaction? A simple picture of on her Instagram account on Monday of her and Jay-Z playing with their young daughter. Enough said. The girl really has a way of responding with pictures.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia