Beyonce Not Divorcing with Jay-Z, Posts Sassy Picture Showing Love to Feminism Movement
By Annie Dee | July 23, 2014 12:53 PM EST
Beyonce posted a picture that's probably worth more than a thousand words: Feminism is alive and should be kept alive.
Beyonce and Jay-Z are the world's highest-paid celebrity couple, according to the latest ranking from Forbes. The couple earned a combined $95 million over the past year.
The Women Against Feminism is catching the ire of feminists everywhere, with Bustle and RYOT posting some really good arguments against this group that they call "woefully misinformed." However, Beyonce, a staunch supporter of the feminism movement, does not need to write a lengthy piece or do whatever to express her point that feminism as a movement is necessary and beneficial. MTV.com reports that Beyonce posted a single photo that says it all. The photo is just captioned with the simple statement of "We Can Do It." Simple as it is, it may be enough to motivate the few feminists who suddenly feel like all their hard work is going down the drain because of fellow women who believe their cause is moot point. After all, this is Beyonce!
Beyonce is hardly a newbie in the feminism movement. MTV.com claims that she's considered "an honorary Riot Grrrl by Bikini Kill's Kathleen Hanna and she contributed an essay to Maria Shriver's "The Shriver Report: A Woman's Nation Pushes Back from the Brink." The girl can sing, dance, pose and write for all the right causes. The "Run the World: (Girls)" singer is not going to just hand over the reins to boys just like that.
This is probably why rumors of her and her husband, Jay-Z divorcing does not faze her. She's not running around defending her marriage and need to have Jay-Z by her side, but she's also making sure people know that these rumors are just that...rumors. Fans of Beyonce and Jay-Z went a tad bit crazy when Page Six reported them divorcing. Good thing it seems like a bogus report.
According to Page Six, "They are trying to figure out a way to split without divorcing ... This is a huge concert tour and they've already gotten most of the money from the promoters up front," a supposed source told Page Six. Adding: "For just a split moment, things got real for them and she was even talking about adding to the family. But, after a while, Jay was out doing Jay and Bey was out doing Bey. They made the classic mistake of thinking a child would change everything and help to rekindle the initial fire, and it didn't."
"Despite the tens of millions [of dollars] the couple will pocket from the current tour, this will certainly be their last and the end of the tour could officially spell the end of the marriage," the source even detailed.
Beyonce's reaction? A simple picture of on her Instagram account on Monday of her and Jay-Z playing with their young daughter. Enough said. The girl really has a way of responding with pictures.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date