Samsung Galaxy K Zoom vs. Galaxy S5 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 23, 2014 12:06 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom or the Galaxy S5, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom comes with a 4.8-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. The Galaxy S5 comes with a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
The Galaxy S5 is the clear winner in this category with 432 ppi pixels display density compared to the 306 ppi pixels display density on the Galaxy K Zoom.
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom comes with 137.5 x 70.8 x 16.6 mm dimensions and weighs 200 grams. The Galaxy S5 comes with 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm dimensions and weighs 145 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom is equipped with a quad core 1.3 GHz Cortex A7 and dual core 1.7 GHz Cortex A15 processor and Exynos 5260 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Galaxy S5 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android KitKat operating system and both the devices have 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power the Galaxy S5 has a slight edge over the Galaxy K Zoom.
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom sports a 20.7 MP primary camera with auto/manual focus, 10x optical zoom, optical image stabilization and Xenon and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Galaxy S5 sports a 16 MP primary camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom comes with a Li-Ion 2430 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 14 hours on 3G or music play of about 47 hours. The Galaxy S5 comes with a Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours or music play of about 67 hours.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom 4G LTE is priced at around AU $749.95 and the Galaxy S5 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $639.95 in Australia.
OnePlus One vs. Oppo Find 7 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact Gets Certified For 23.0.1.A.1.43, Xperia Z3 Dual For 23.0.F.1.82
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles