Samsung Galaxy K Zoom vs. Galaxy S5 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 23, 2014 12:06 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom or the Galaxy S5, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom comes with a 4.8-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. The Galaxy S5 comes with a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
The Galaxy S5 is the clear winner in this category with 432 ppi pixels display density compared to the 306 ppi pixels display density on the Galaxy K Zoom.
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom comes with 137.5 x 70.8 x 16.6 mm dimensions and weighs 200 grams. The Galaxy S5 comes with 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm dimensions and weighs 145 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom is equipped with a quad core 1.3 GHz Cortex A7 and dual core 1.7 GHz Cortex A15 processor and Exynos 5260 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Galaxy S5 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android KitKat operating system and both the devices have 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power the Galaxy S5 has a slight edge over the Galaxy K Zoom.
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom sports a 20.7 MP primary camera with auto/manual focus, 10x optical zoom, optical image stabilization and Xenon and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Galaxy S5 sports a 16 MP primary camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom comes with a Li-Ion 2430 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 14 hours on 3G or music play of about 47 hours. The Galaxy S5 comes with a Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours or music play of about 67 hours.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom 4G LTE is priced at around AU $749.95 and the Galaxy S5 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $639.95 in Australia.
OnePlus One vs. Oppo Find 7 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Spoilers: 'WoD' In-Game Cinematics Revealed, Plus There's A Brewfest For The Horde And Alliance Players [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia