Virgin Mobile USA (Sprint) to Offer HTC Desire 816, LG Pulse, LG Unify, and ZTE Emblem Shortly
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 23, 2014 11:17 AM EST
Freshly leaked image shows that Virgin Mobile USA (Sprint's prepaid unit) will be offering four new smartphones shortly. This includes the HTC Desire 816, the LG Pulse, the LG Unify, and the ZTE Emblem.
A Google employee wears an LG G Android Wear smart watch while using his phone at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 26, 2014. The LG G watch was announced along with the Samsung Gear Live during the conference keynote. [Representational Image]
Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)
It is worth mentioning that the HTC Desire 816 was announced in February in Mobile World Conference 2014. Subsequently, the handset was released in several markets across the globe. If reports were true Virgin Mobile's HTC Desire 816 variant looks similar to the international variant, hence the specifications and features would be alike, according to GSMArena.
The international HTC Desire 816 model comes with a LG G3-like 5.5-inches display and 720 x 1,280 pixels screen resolution along with 267 ppi pixel density. The handset features a 13 MP rear-facing camera unit with LED flash and a 5 MP front-facing shooter. The device is powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) Cortex-A7 processor clocked at 1.6 GHz.
Moreover, the Desire 816 houses a good 1.5 GB of RAM and only 8 GB of internal storage capacity. However, it supports microSD card for further expansion up to 128 GB. Also, the phone runs on Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat) along with HTC Sense v6 UI.
Furthermore, the handset supports optional NFC and it houses a non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery unit. The battery provides 21 hours of 3G talk-time and 737 hours of 3G stand-by time. In addition, the handset supports nano-sim and it comes with five different colour choices black, white, red, gray, and green.
Other than the HTC Desire 816 handset, LG Pulse, LG Unify, and ZTE Emblem are yet to be launched. However, there is also a possibility that these devices could be existing devices in other markets in the disguise of different names.
Interested readers can check out the leaked image of the aforementioned phones from the credible tipster @evleaks.
1. Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More - [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows