Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Russia Floats Another Ridiculous Conspiracy Theory that MH 370 & 17 Is One Jet Which U.S. Military Arranged to Be Blown Up Over Ukraine
By Vittorio Hernandez | July 23, 2014 8:53 AM EST
More than four months after the ill-fated Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 mysteriously disappeared on March 8 after it left Kuala Lumpur for Beijing, until today, various theories regarding the incident continue to swirl, with not one proven to be correct or dispelled.
Such could also be the fate of the Malaysian Airlines Flight 17 which left Amsterdam airport on July 17 and never reached Kuala Lumpur following it being hit by a missile that caused the jet to crash.
Speculations likewise swirl regarding the Boeing 777, including one conspiracy theory originated in Russian that the missing and the crashed jets are one and the same jet. That MH 370 and 17 are the same jets that the U.S. military arranged for a second flight filled with dead bodies to be hit by a missile while flying over eastern Ukraine.
Business Insider, which reported that conspiracy theory, noted that it does not circulate among legitimate news agencies in Russia, but Russian TV is pointing to a the U.S. as the one responsible for the mishap. Russian President Vladimir Putin, in his statement on Sunday, insisted the tragedy would not have happened if military operations were not resumed in eastern Ukraine.
The article quoted a Russian language professor as saying that the conspiracy theory is part of government brainwashing reinforced by lack of alternative sources of news in Russia and the push to have citizens believe that their country is still in the era of superpowers and Russia is one of them.
In turn, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry insisted that Russia is supporting the separatists who are being blamed for firing the missile that hit the jet. He pointed to U.S. and Ukrainian intelligence and social media reports that pinpoint the responsibility over the death of the 298 people on board MH 17 to the separatists.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports