Sons of Anarchy Season 7 Spoilers: Charlie Hunnam & Katey Sagal on Jax & Gemma Relationship
By Riza Ornos | July 23, 2014 8:11 AM EST
Heartbroken from his wife's brutal death, Jax Teller played by Charlie Hunnam will return to Charming with a heart full on vengeance in FX hit biker drama series "Sons of Anarchy." Currently in production for the show's seventh and final season, SAMCRO matriarch Gemma Teller played by Katey Sagal recently revealed how her character will play after killing Jax's wife Tara played by Maggie Siff.
Expected to have a bumpy ride throughout the show's season 7, "Sons of Anarchy" is set to kick off its season finale on Sept. 9 as it picks up 10 days after Tara's brutal death. SOS season 7 begins with Jax wearing an orange jumpsuit but won't stay in prison for too long as he sets out to avenge his wife.
"Jax is in a very schizophrenic state," the "Pacific Rim" actor revealed in an interview at the Television Critics Association's press tour in Beverly Hills on Monday, July 21. Also known as SAMCRO's president, Jex finally secured his place in the table by killing the gang's previous president and his step father Clay Morrow played by Ron Perlman.
"He's obviously very sad and vulnerable and kind of broken, but there's a huge amount of vengeance and anger in his heart ... He knows what he wants to do, and that's where all his energy is going. He can't get away from the fact that the love of his life has been taken from him," showrunner Kurt Sutter added in an interview posted on Entertainment Weekly. "[Jax]'s singular purpose for most of the season is to avenge her death."
With the help of his biker gang, Jax will set in motion all the brutal machinations that will lead him to find the person behind Tara's death. When asked how his relationship with his mother is, the British hunk revealed that Jax relationship with Gemma is better than ever.
"This final betrayal and tragedy in his life has completely demolished any potential of him trusting anyone outside of his immediate circle. In all of the scenes, I've been trying to instill a little bit of that sense of, 'If you're not my mom, or my children or one of the Sons of Anarchy, you better look out," he added.
But fans of the show are more excited how Gemma will play innocent in front of Jax and how long will she able to keep her dark secret. "What's coming out of her mouth and what's going on in her brain are two different things," said Katey Sagal. "She has adjusted to the situation based on her basic instinct, which is to survive and keep her family together. That hasn't changed."
"Sons of Anarchy" season 7 will kick off on Sept. 9 at 10 P.M. on FX.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- ‘Top Gun 2’ Update: ‘The Jungle Book’ Writer Onboard, Tom Cruise Likely To Reprise His Role