Transfer News: Real Madrid Sign AS Monaco Attacker James Rodriguez, Will be Unveiled Immediately
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 23, 2014 4:54 AM EST
Real Madrid have officially signed AS Monaco attacker James Rodriguez.
The 23-year-old, who impressed top clubs around Europe with his scintillating performance in the World Cup, will be joining the Los Blancos for a reported fee of £71million.
Colombia's Rodriguez stands with wife Daniela and Real Madrid president Perez as he holds up his new Real Madrid jersey, during a presentation at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium in Madrid
His six-goal tally, which helped Colombia reach the quarter-finals, won him the Golden Boot.
The move was initially announced via social media which read: "Official Announcement: James Rodríguez #WelcomeJames #halamadrid."
Rodriguez will be wearing the famed white shirt for the next six seasons as stated in the Club's official Website, and will be immediately unveiled to the fans.
"Real Madrid C. F. have reached an agreement with AS Mónaco FC to buy James Rodríguez, who will join the club for the next six seasons," the statement read.
"The player will be presented today, Tuesday 22 July, at 20:00 CET, in the Santiago Bernabéu's presidential box."
"Following that, James Rodríguez will take his first steps on the Santiago Bernabéu's pitch wearing the Real Madrid jersey and will then answer questions from the media outlets in attendance in the press room."
Welcome to Real Madrid, @jamesdrodriguez. #WelcomeJames #halamadrid pic.twitter.com/GmFUgdiWXb — Real Madrid C.F. (@realmadriden) July 22, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows