Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 23, 2014 4:14 AM EST
FC Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi has reportedly considered moving to Arsenal after suffering from a trophy-less 2013/14 season at the Nou Camp.
FC Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi reportedly considered moving to Arsenal
Barca's efforts only landed them bridemaid finishes in the La Liga and the Copa del Rey, while getting booted out of the Champions League relatively early, when eventual second-placers Atletico Madrid bettered them with a 2-1 aggregate win.
Sources in Spain claim that the Argentine international, who was supposed join the Gunners as a youth before opting to hone his skills at the famed La Masia, was open to the idea of joining former teammate Cesc Fabregas to north London before the latter made a move to Chelsea, which effectively reduced the said possibility to nil.
It was further suggested that the 27-year-old Rosario native instructed his agent to communicate with the Club of his intention.
Perhaps, it was just a ploy to convince the hierarchy of the Catalan outfit to offer him an improved deal, which eventually happened, as Messi penned a £16million per annum contract that will run in the next four years.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date