Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Forward to Move Back to Madrid
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 23, 2014 1:54 AM EST
Chelsea forward Fernando Torres will be moving back to his boyhood club Atletico Madrid.
Eurosport claims that officials from the aforementioned clubs are in talks to send the 30-year-old to the opposite direction following Diego Costa's and Filipe Luis' move to west London.
Chelsea forward Fernando Torres is reported to headed back to his boyhood club, Atletico Madrid
El Niño failed to live up to his billing since making a £51million move to Stamford Bridge in 2011, struggling to find the back of net with a tally of only 20 goals in 110 appearances in the Premier League.
Rojiblancos boss Diego Simeone revealed in the past that he has been in constant communication with Torres, who became his teammate at the Vicente Calderon as well as his friend, and revealed that the former Liverpool hitman would love to return to the place where it all started for him.
While the Colchoneros have recently signed Mario Mandzukic from Bayern Munich, they will still need a reliable alternative, as back-up striker David Villa has also exited the club to play for New York City FC in the MLS.
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013