Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Forward to Move Back to Madrid
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 23, 2014 1:54 AM EST
Chelsea forward Fernando Torres will be moving back to his boyhood club Atletico Madrid.
Eurosport claims that officials from the aforementioned clubs are in talks to send the 30-year-old to the opposite direction following Diego Costa's and Filipe Luis' move to west London.
Chelsea forward Fernando Torres is reported to headed back to his boyhood club, Atletico Madrid
El Niño failed to live up to his billing since making a £51million move to Stamford Bridge in 2011, struggling to find the back of net with a tally of only 20 goals in 110 appearances in the Premier League.
Rojiblancos boss Diego Simeone revealed in the past that he has been in constant communication with Torres, who became his teammate at the Vicente Calderon as well as his friend, and revealed that the former Liverpool hitman would love to return to the place where it all started for him.
While the Colchoneros have recently signed Mario Mandzukic from Bayern Munich, they will still need a reliable alternative, as back-up striker David Villa has also exited the club to play for New York City FC in the MLS.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy