Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Set to Sign Southampton Defender and Lille Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 22, 2014 9:44 PM EST
Liverpool are reportedly set to sign Southampton defender Dejan Lovren and Lille striker Divock Origi.
BBC Sport claims that a £10million deal have been agreed upon by involved clubs to move the 19-year-old Belgian away from the Ligue 1 outfit, conditioned upon a successful medical, which he will undergo at Merseyside in the coming days.
Liverpool are reportedly set to sign Divock Origi and Dejan Lovren
Origi's performance in France last season was nowhere near impressive, as he was able to start only 12 of 30 domestic league games, tallying only 5 goals and 1 assist, but his contribution to his national side during the World Cup placed him on the target list of several clubs in Europe.
He was given the starting nod during the knock-out stages after netting the winner against Russia and having a hand at the only goal versus Korea that secured them the top spot in Group H.
Meanwhile, Lovren, 25, already expressed his displeasure in the Saints' failure to hold onto their prized assets, following sale of key men Adam Lallana, Luke Shaw, and Rickie Lambert.
The unsettled centre-back might force a transfer to Anfield in spite of his club's refusal, as the latter knows that an unhappy player will find it hard to perform to his full potential.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4