Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Set to Sign Southampton Defender and Lille Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 22, 2014 9:44 PM EST
Liverpool are reportedly set to sign Southampton defender Dejan Lovren and Lille striker Divock Origi.
BBC Sport claims that a £10million deal have been agreed upon by involved clubs to move the 19-year-old Belgian away from the Ligue 1 outfit, conditioned upon a successful medical, which he will undergo at Merseyside in the coming days.
Liverpool are reportedly set to sign Divock Origi and Dejan Lovren
Origi's performance in France last season was nowhere near impressive, as he was able to start only 12 of 30 domestic league games, tallying only 5 goals and 1 assist, but his contribution to his national side during the World Cup placed him on the target list of several clubs in Europe.
He was given the starting nod during the knock-out stages after netting the winner against Russia and having a hand at the only goal versus Korea that secured them the top spot in Group H.
Meanwhile, Lovren, 25, already expressed his displeasure in the Saints' failure to hold onto their prized assets, following sale of key men Adam Lallana, Luke Shaw, and Rickie Lambert.
The unsettled centre-back might force a transfer to Anfield in spite of his club's refusal, as the latter knows that an unhappy player will find it hard to perform to his full potential.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates