Better Call Saul: Top Spoilers of Breaking Bad Spin-Off Revealed
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 22, 2014 7:20 PM EST
The premiere of "Better Call Saul" is still some months away, but some major details have been revealed about this most anticipated prequel series. This spin-off of AMC's cult-series "Breaking Bad" is set six years before the timeline of "Breaking Bad" and features Saul Goodman as the principal character. Vince Gilligan, creator of both the shows, said to the press that it is a "period piece."
Here are the spoilers of "Better Call Saul":
Saul Goodman was not always known as Saul Goodman. His real name is Jimmy McGill and he was a small town layer before he became the saviour of criminals.
The new season will follow McGill's transformation into Saul Goodman. This transformation is unlikely to be as drastic as a mild Chemistry teacher, Walter White, turning into a dreaded drug-lord, Heisenberg.
"Breaking Bad" did not introduce Goodman's family, as it was Walter White's show. The new show will be introducing Saul Goodman's brother, Chuck. Michael McKean is playing the character of Chuck.
In addition to Chuck, the new characters who are set to be introduced are Kim (Rhea Seehorn), Hamlin (Patrick Fabian) and Nacho (Michael Mando). According to AMC's press release, these characters will "represent both legitimate and illegitimate sides of the law."
Mike Erhmantraut is returning from his "Breaking Bad" grave. In the new show, he will be seen working for Goodman as well as against him.
"Better Call Saul" is set in 2002, but the creators are fiddling with the idea of a non-linear timeline. Peter Gould, executive producer of the show, has confirmed to Variety, that the timeline of the new show is flexible. This keeps open the option of bringing back "Breaking Bad" characters, including Walter White and Jesse Pinkman.
AMC's Official Plot Summary of "Better Call Saul"
"When we meet him, the man who will become Saul Goodman is known as Jimmy McGill, a small-time lawyer searching for his destiny, and, more immediately, hustling to make ends meet. Working alongside, and often against, Jimmy is "fixer" Mike Erhmantraut, a beloved character introduced in Breaking Bad. The series will track Jimmy's transformation into Saul Goodman, the man who puts "criminal" in "criminal lawyer." The series' tone is dramatic, woven through with dark humour."
"Better Call Saul" is expected to premiere sometime in early 2015. The filming of Season 1 is currently taking place in Albuquerque. The first season consists of ten episodes. AMC has already ordered 13 episodes of Season 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James