Better Call Saul: Top Spoilers of Breaking Bad Spin-Off Revealed
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 22, 2014 7:20 PM EST
The premiere of "Better Call Saul" is still some months away, but some major details have been revealed about this most anticipated prequel series. This spin-off of AMC's cult-series "Breaking Bad" is set six years before the timeline of "Breaking Bad" and features Saul Goodman as the principal character. Vince Gilligan, creator of both the shows, said to the press that it is a "period piece."
Here are the spoilers of "Better Call Saul":
Saul Goodman was not always known as Saul Goodman. His real name is Jimmy McGill and he was a small town layer before he became the saviour of criminals.
The new season will follow McGill's transformation into Saul Goodman. This transformation is unlikely to be as drastic as a mild Chemistry teacher, Walter White, turning into a dreaded drug-lord, Heisenberg.
"Breaking Bad" did not introduce Goodman's family, as it was Walter White's show. The new show will be introducing Saul Goodman's brother, Chuck. Michael McKean is playing the character of Chuck.
In addition to Chuck, the new characters who are set to be introduced are Kim (Rhea Seehorn), Hamlin (Patrick Fabian) and Nacho (Michael Mando). According to AMC's press release, these characters will "represent both legitimate and illegitimate sides of the law."
Mike Erhmantraut is returning from his "Breaking Bad" grave. In the new show, he will be seen working for Goodman as well as against him.
"Better Call Saul" is set in 2002, but the creators are fiddling with the idea of a non-linear timeline. Peter Gould, executive producer of the show, has confirmed to Variety, that the timeline of the new show is flexible. This keeps open the option of bringing back "Breaking Bad" characters, including Walter White and Jesse Pinkman.
AMC's Official Plot Summary of "Better Call Saul"
"When we meet him, the man who will become Saul Goodman is known as Jimmy McGill, a small-time lawyer searching for his destiny, and, more immediately, hustling to make ends meet. Working alongside, and often against, Jimmy is "fixer" Mike Erhmantraut, a beloved character introduced in Breaking Bad. The series will track Jimmy's transformation into Saul Goodman, the man who puts "criminal" in "criminal lawyer." The series' tone is dramatic, woven through with dark humour."
"Better Call Saul" is expected to premiere sometime in early 2015. The filming of Season 1 is currently taking place in Albuquerque. The first season consists of ten episodes. AMC has already ordered 13 episodes of Season 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best