Better Call Saul: Top Spoilers of Breaking Bad Spin-Off Revealed
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 22, 2014 7:20 PM EST
The premiere of "Better Call Saul" is still some months away, but some major details have been revealed about this most anticipated prequel series. This spin-off of AMC's cult-series "Breaking Bad" is set six years before the timeline of "Breaking Bad" and features Saul Goodman as the principal character. Vince Gilligan, creator of both the shows, said to the press that it is a "period piece."
Here are the spoilers of "Better Call Saul":
Saul Goodman was not always known as Saul Goodman. His real name is Jimmy McGill and he was a small town layer before he became the saviour of criminals.
The new season will follow McGill's transformation into Saul Goodman. This transformation is unlikely to be as drastic as a mild Chemistry teacher, Walter White, turning into a dreaded drug-lord, Heisenberg.
"Breaking Bad" did not introduce Goodman's family, as it was Walter White's show. The new show will be introducing Saul Goodman's brother, Chuck. Michael McKean is playing the character of Chuck.
In addition to Chuck, the new characters who are set to be introduced are Kim (Rhea Seehorn), Hamlin (Patrick Fabian) and Nacho (Michael Mando). According to AMC's press release, these characters will "represent both legitimate and illegitimate sides of the law."
Mike Erhmantraut is returning from his "Breaking Bad" grave. In the new show, he will be seen working for Goodman as well as against him.
"Better Call Saul" is set in 2002, but the creators are fiddling with the idea of a non-linear timeline. Peter Gould, executive producer of the show, has confirmed to Variety, that the timeline of the new show is flexible. This keeps open the option of bringing back "Breaking Bad" characters, including Walter White and Jesse Pinkman.
AMC's Official Plot Summary of "Better Call Saul"
"When we meet him, the man who will become Saul Goodman is known as Jimmy McGill, a small-time lawyer searching for his destiny, and, more immediately, hustling to make ends meet. Working alongside, and often against, Jimmy is "fixer" Mike Erhmantraut, a beloved character introduced in Breaking Bad. The series will track Jimmy's transformation into Saul Goodman, the man who puts "criminal" in "criminal lawyer." The series' tone is dramatic, woven through with dark humour."
"Better Call Saul" is expected to premiere sometime in early 2015. The filming of Season 1 is currently taking place in Albuquerque. The first season consists of ten episodes. AMC has already ordered 13 episodes of Season 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate