Kanye West Admits Needing to Learn the Ropes of Being a Married Man
By Annie Dee | July 22, 2014 5:10 PM EST
Just months after tying the knot in Paris, Kanye West admits to having problems with Kim Kardashian. Kanye however, claimed their problems can be solved by good old-fashioned talking as a team.
TV personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West arrive at a fashion designer workshop in Paris May 21, 2014. U.S. television personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West will celebrate their wedding in Florence on May 24, an official from the mayor's office confirmed on Friday.
Kanye West reveals in an interview with GQ that married life is not a bed of roses.
Radar Online has previously reported that spending weeks apart because of their work commitments has created tension in their relationship. This is why when they do get to spend time with each other, their interactions can be quite tensed, adds the site.
"Both me and Kim had to learn how to communicate as a team," West admitted to GQ in a new interview. "These are two LeBrons, you know? Meaning she could do sh*t that a girlfriend in a relationship could never do. Obviously. And I could do stuff that a guy in a relationship could never do. So if you look at half my tweets back then, they were always, like, funny tweets that I wouldn't be able to say now. It wouldn't be respectful to my relationship."
"It's interesting as I'm delving into being married," he shared.
West refuted claims he is controlling Kim Kardashian's life. In fact, he admits to learning a lot through Kim. "What I had to learn from Kim is how to take more of her advice and less of other people's advice," he said. "There's a lot of Kim K. skills that were added. In order to win at life, you need some Kim K. skills."
He also shared how lucky he is to be with a wife like Kim.
"You mean to tell me that this girl with this f***ing body and this face is also into style, and she's a nice person, and she has her own money and is family oriented?" he said of Kim. "That's just as cool as a f***ing fighter jet or dinosaur! And just as rarely seen."
As for himself, he explained to GQ, "I don't have fangs. I'm a porcupine. I'm a blowfish. Like, I'm a - what's that fish that blows up? Yeah, I'm a blowfish. I'm not a shark, I'm a blowfish . . . I'm defending my name as someone's screaming something negative at me. That's a blowfish. People have me pinned as a shark or a predator in some way, and in no way and I that. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone. I want to defend people. I want to help people."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine