Kanye West Admits Needing to Learn the Ropes of Being a Married Man
By Annie Dee | July 22, 2014 5:10 PM EST
Just months after tying the knot in Paris, Kanye West admits to having problems with Kim Kardashian. Kanye however, claimed their problems can be solved by good old-fashioned talking as a team.
TV personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West arrive at a fashion designer workshop in Paris May 21, 2014. U.S. television personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West will celebrate their wedding in Florence on May 24, an official from the mayor's office confirmed on Friday.
Kanye West reveals in an interview with GQ that married life is not a bed of roses.
Radar Online has previously reported that spending weeks apart because of their work commitments has created tension in their relationship. This is why when they do get to spend time with each other, their interactions can be quite tensed, adds the site.
"Both me and Kim had to learn how to communicate as a team," West admitted to GQ in a new interview. "These are two LeBrons, you know? Meaning she could do sh*t that a girlfriend in a relationship could never do. Obviously. And I could do stuff that a guy in a relationship could never do. So if you look at half my tweets back then, they were always, like, funny tweets that I wouldn't be able to say now. It wouldn't be respectful to my relationship."
"It's interesting as I'm delving into being married," he shared.
West refuted claims he is controlling Kim Kardashian's life. In fact, he admits to learning a lot through Kim. "What I had to learn from Kim is how to take more of her advice and less of other people's advice," he said. "There's a lot of Kim K. skills that were added. In order to win at life, you need some Kim K. skills."
He also shared how lucky he is to be with a wife like Kim.
"You mean to tell me that this girl with this f***ing body and this face is also into style, and she's a nice person, and she has her own money and is family oriented?" he said of Kim. "That's just as cool as a f***ing fighter jet or dinosaur! And just as rarely seen."
As for himself, he explained to GQ, "I don't have fangs. I'm a porcupine. I'm a blowfish. Like, I'm a - what's that fish that blows up? Yeah, I'm a blowfish. I'm not a shark, I'm a blowfish . . . I'm defending my name as someone's screaming something negative at me. That's a blowfish. People have me pinned as a shark or a predator in some way, and in no way and I that. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone. I want to defend people. I want to help people."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier