Kanye West Admits Needing to Learn the Ropes of Being a Married Man
By Annie Dee | July 22, 2014 5:10 PM EST
Just months after tying the knot in Paris, Kanye West admits to having problems with Kim Kardashian. Kanye however, claimed their problems can be solved by good old-fashioned talking as a team.
TV personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West arrive at a fashion designer workshop in Paris May 21, 2014. U.S. television personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West will celebrate their wedding in Florence on May 24, an official from the mayor's office confirmed on Friday.
Kanye West reveals in an interview with GQ that married life is not a bed of roses.
Radar Online has previously reported that spending weeks apart because of their work commitments has created tension in their relationship. This is why when they do get to spend time with each other, their interactions can be quite tensed, adds the site.
"Both me and Kim had to learn how to communicate as a team," West admitted to GQ in a new interview. "These are two LeBrons, you know? Meaning she could do sh*t that a girlfriend in a relationship could never do. Obviously. And I could do stuff that a guy in a relationship could never do. So if you look at half my tweets back then, they were always, like, funny tweets that I wouldn't be able to say now. It wouldn't be respectful to my relationship."
"It's interesting as I'm delving into being married," he shared.
West refuted claims he is controlling Kim Kardashian's life. In fact, he admits to learning a lot through Kim. "What I had to learn from Kim is how to take more of her advice and less of other people's advice," he said. "There's a lot of Kim K. skills that were added. In order to win at life, you need some Kim K. skills."
He also shared how lucky he is to be with a wife like Kim.
"You mean to tell me that this girl with this f***ing body and this face is also into style, and she's a nice person, and she has her own money and is family oriented?" he said of Kim. "That's just as cool as a f***ing fighter jet or dinosaur! And just as rarely seen."
As for himself, he explained to GQ, "I don't have fangs. I'm a porcupine. I'm a blowfish. Like, I'm a - what's that fish that blows up? Yeah, I'm a blowfish. I'm not a shark, I'm a blowfish . . . I'm defending my name as someone's screaming something negative at me. That's a blowfish. People have me pinned as a shark or a predator in some way, and in no way and I that. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone. I want to defend people. I want to help people."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate