Kanye West Admits Needing to Learn the Ropes of Being a Married Man
By Annie Dee | July 22, 2014 5:10 PM EST
Just months after tying the knot in Paris, Kanye West admits to having problems with Kim Kardashian. Kanye however, claimed their problems can be solved by good old-fashioned talking as a team.
TV personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West arrive at a fashion designer workshop in Paris May 21, 2014. U.S. television personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West will celebrate their wedding in Florence on May 24, an official from the mayor's office confirmed on Friday.
Kanye West reveals in an interview with GQ that married life is not a bed of roses.
Radar Online has previously reported that spending weeks apart because of their work commitments has created tension in their relationship. This is why when they do get to spend time with each other, their interactions can be quite tensed, adds the site.
"Both me and Kim had to learn how to communicate as a team," West admitted to GQ in a new interview. "These are two LeBrons, you know? Meaning she could do sh*t that a girlfriend in a relationship could never do. Obviously. And I could do stuff that a guy in a relationship could never do. So if you look at half my tweets back then, they were always, like, funny tweets that I wouldn't be able to say now. It wouldn't be respectful to my relationship."
"It's interesting as I'm delving into being married," he shared.
West refuted claims he is controlling Kim Kardashian's life. In fact, he admits to learning a lot through Kim. "What I had to learn from Kim is how to take more of her advice and less of other people's advice," he said. "There's a lot of Kim K. skills that were added. In order to win at life, you need some Kim K. skills."
He also shared how lucky he is to be with a wife like Kim.
"You mean to tell me that this girl with this f***ing body and this face is also into style, and she's a nice person, and she has her own money and is family oriented?" he said of Kim. "That's just as cool as a f***ing fighter jet or dinosaur! And just as rarely seen."
As for himself, he explained to GQ, "I don't have fangs. I'm a porcupine. I'm a blowfish. Like, I'm a - what's that fish that blows up? Yeah, I'm a blowfish. I'm not a shark, I'm a blowfish . . . I'm defending my name as someone's screaming something negative at me. That's a blowfish. People have me pinned as a shark or a predator in some way, and in no way and I that. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone. I want to defend people. I want to help people."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- 'White Collar' Season 6 RECAP Episode 3: Amy Slaps Neal Caffrey In Uncontrolled Variables [SPOILERS]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies