North Korea Demands That China Take Down Kim Jong Un’s Viral Dance Video – Report [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | July 22, 2014 4:29 PM EST
Kim Jong Un’s dancing has infuriated North Korea. The reclusive nation demanded China to take down a viral video that sees its supreme leader digitally manipulated into dancing.
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un watches a match played by the North Korean men's national soccer team, which will take part in the 17th Asian Games, in this undated photo released by North Korea's Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) in Pyongyang July 20, 2014. REUTERS/KCNA
The video sees Kim’s head is superimposed onto various bodies, making it seem that he was dancing with U.S. President Barack Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin, sparring with Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, as well as galloping on the field with Osama Bin Laden.
His father and grandfather, Kim Jong Il and Kim Il Sung also made an appearance.
No one would mistake the video as compilation of real events, but North Korea apparently still wanted the video to be taken down because it “seriously compromises Kim’s dignity and authority.”
The video has already over 540,000 views on YouTube since it was uploaded on July 11.
Watch the hilarious video here:
Apart from the three and a half-minute lampoon video, North Korea is also condemning the upcoming comedy flick “The Interview.”
The U.S. film stars James Franco and Seth Rogen as a tabloid TV host and producer who land an interview with Kim. However, as they prepare to travel to Pyongyang, the duo are recruited by the CIA to assassinate the North Korean leader.
Kim’s spokesman said the film shows the “desperation” of the Americans.
“There is a special irony in this storyline as it shows the desperation of the U.S. government and American society, Kim Myong-chol, executive director of The Centre for North Korea-U.S. Peace, told the Telegraph.
“A film about the assassination of a foreign leader mirrors what the U.S. has done in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Ukraine,” the unofficial spokesman said. “And let us not forget who killed [President John F.] Kennedy – Americans.
“In fact, President [Barack] Obama should be careful in case the U.S. military wants to kill him as well.”
Comparing Hollywood movies and British films, Kim Myong-chol said that the former are “full of assassinations and executions,” while the latter are better and more realistic.
He also cited James Bond films, which are produced by the British, as “much more enjoyable.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate