North Korea Demands That China Take Down Kim Jong Un’s Viral Dance Video – Report [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | July 22, 2014 4:29 PM EST
Kim Jong Un’s dancing has infuriated North Korea. The reclusive nation demanded China to take down a viral video that sees its supreme leader digitally manipulated into dancing.
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un watches a match played by the North Korean men's national soccer team, which will take part in the 17th Asian Games, in this undated photo released by North Korea's Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) in Pyongyang July 20, 2014. REUTERS/KCNA
The video sees Kim’s head is superimposed onto various bodies, making it seem that he was dancing with U.S. President Barack Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin, sparring with Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, as well as galloping on the field with Osama Bin Laden.
His father and grandfather, Kim Jong Il and Kim Il Sung also made an appearance.
No one would mistake the video as compilation of real events, but North Korea apparently still wanted the video to be taken down because it “seriously compromises Kim’s dignity and authority.”
The video has already over 540,000 views on YouTube since it was uploaded on July 11.
Watch the hilarious video here:
Apart from the three and a half-minute lampoon video, North Korea is also condemning the upcoming comedy flick “The Interview.”
The U.S. film stars James Franco and Seth Rogen as a tabloid TV host and producer who land an interview with Kim. However, as they prepare to travel to Pyongyang, the duo are recruited by the CIA to assassinate the North Korean leader.
Kim’s spokesman said the film shows the “desperation” of the Americans.
“There is a special irony in this storyline as it shows the desperation of the U.S. government and American society, Kim Myong-chol, executive director of The Centre for North Korea-U.S. Peace, told the Telegraph.
“A film about the assassination of a foreign leader mirrors what the U.S. has done in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Ukraine,” the unofficial spokesman said. “And let us not forget who killed [President John F.] Kennedy – Americans.
“In fact, President [Barack] Obama should be careful in case the U.S. military wants to kill him as well.”
Comparing Hollywood movies and British films, Kim Myong-chol said that the former are “full of assassinations and executions,” while the latter are better and more realistic.
He also cited James Bond films, which are produced by the British, as “much more enjoyable.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown