NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
By Sandhya kiran | July 22, 2014 4:19 PM EST
NVIDIA Shield is expected to come to the market on July 29. The gaming tablet is based on Android and will feature a Tegra K1, a new mobile processor from NVIDIA. The latest leaked photos of the NVIDIA gaming tablet are circulating on the Internet now.
The NVIDIA Shield tablet is available in two different models:
- WiFi + LTE model which comes with 32 GB storage and expected to be priced at $399
- WiFi-only connection with 16 GB of storage and expected to come in a cheaper in price at $299.
A wireless Shield controller and a Shield cover are also available as stand-alone products. The controller has an MSRP of $59, while the Shield cover is expected to cost $39.
The wireless Shield controller can be connected via a direct WiFi connection. The Shield controller will also have a built-in headphone jack and a microphone.
The latest NVIDIA Shield tables is also expected to have Gamepad Mapper. This feature is meant to solve the issue of games that don't have controllers. Gamepad Mapper allows users to map virtual controls onto their physical controls.
Another update that is expected to be included in the new NVIDIA Shield is the GameStream feature. This feature, meant for PC gamers, allows the gaming tablet to run PC games.
The NVIDIA Shield tablet has a 8-inch display screen with full HD 1,920 × 1,200 resolution. It has 2 GB RAM. A microSD card slot is also available for expandable storage. The tablet's Tegra K1 SoC processor comes with 192 CUDA cores and QuadCore 2.2-GHz A15 CPU. The tablet has front-facing stereo speakers with dual bass reflex and 5-MPIX "selfie" camera.
In terms of connectivity, the tablet is expected to come with Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and mini HDMI 1.4a port. Updates will come via OTA from NVIDIA.
The full specification of the upcoming NVIDA Shield can be viewed in the link above. However, readers should take these rumours with a grain of salt.
Various reports have also rounded up rumours on the device's expected release date, although none have been confirmed as of this writing. The NVIDIA Shield tablet is expected to be announced on July 22. It will then be available for customers in the United States and Canada on July 29, followed by Europe on Aug 14. Other regions will get the SHIELD tablet sometime in fall 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys